Air bolts and what can stop them

So I have a Will Piatt tuned 909s that shoots around 300fpe in slugs.

When I tried to shoot my YJ450 target with airbolts, they went all the way through and dropped the nock inside (at 40 yards!). Not exactly fun friendly or easy to practice with! My crossbow also buries bolts to the fletchings, and it only shoots 375fps.

I found spyderweb no speed limit targets, and ordered one of the 18" ones. Wow.. Crossbow bolts go in about 4" (and i can pull MOST of them out with a finger and thumb) and the air bolts went in about 8-10" and stopped. They are a little harder to pull out, as the head on them does shoulder out a bit, but they came out without a puller at all, just gently rocking them.

I was finally able to shoot airbolts for fun, and not worry about what was going to get ruined. Just wanted to let everyone know about these targets, as they seem very effective!

I do not have any affiliation with this vendor or anything, just something I found and bought.

PXL_20211030_164902529.1635687546.jpg

I know what you mean when talking about damaging/destroying the bolts/arrows. My DIY Crosman arrowgun was shooting at 430+ and I ruined many an arrow until I tuned it down to 300fps and purchased one the arrow targets, similar to what you suggest, to stop them. They are great for stopping arrows and preventing damage to them. So long as you hit them. ;^)

Before I got my scope sighted in I did this. Through the 2x6 and over an inch into the 4x4 behind it. So a bit excessive for the power I really need at this time. I made the thing for long range but found myself limited to 50 yards at the range.

I know what you mean when talking about damaging/destroying the bolts/arrows. My DIY Crosman arrowgun was shooting at 430+ and I ruined many an arrow until I tuned it down to 300fps and purchased one the arrow targets, similar to what you suggest, to stop them. They are great for stopping arrows and preventing damage to them. So long as you hit them. ;^)

Before I got my scope sighted in I did this. Through the 2x6 and over an inch into the 4x4 behind it. So a bit excessive for the power I really need at this time. I made the thing for long range but found myself limited to 50 yards at the range.

Are those arrows like bow size or crossbow size?? What is velocity of your custom Crossman arrow gun? Pics would be great! I want someone to make me an Impact full size arrow shooter. I want it for 50 to 150 yds