• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Avenger cannot fill up!

Hi there. I just picked up an Air Avenger used with a MK5 pump. For some reason it will not allow any air into the chamber. When I pump without it connected to the rifle then air flows fine. When it is connected it just gets bound up and the pump handle shoots back up toward me. The connections all seem good. I'm very familiar with using air tools and am familiar with it clicking into place. All seems good there. Just no airflow to the gun!

I've exclusively used hand pumps for the last 15 years. I'm not an expert but I can tell you what I've experienced.
As someone mentioned it takes a lot of force to complete a stroke. Mine require about 130 - 140 pounds of weight.
Also, you're pump pressure gauge will not automatically match the rifle pressure gauge when you engage the probe into the gun. It takes about a dozen pumps to bring the pressure in the pump/hose high enough to match the pressure in the gun. At which point the check valve in the gun will allow air to start flowing into the gun reservoir. That's the way it seems to work.
Assuming you are putting enough weight on the pump handle to complete a full stroke, I think something is wrong with your pump. This exact same thing started happening to my Hill hand pump over the summer. I bought a rebuild kit and installed the new seals. Works like new again. I hope this helps.

Another indicator that things aren’t working is that the pressure gauge says on zero after I connect it and the rifle has 2000psi. Seems like it has to be something on the connection for some reason. It clicks on like it’s fully connected though

when you hook the hose up,
it does not immediately open the guns check valve,
to do that the hose pressure must go higher than the gun pressure.

Thanks for the help guys. The gauge doesn't move even after pumping for awhile. It really seems like there is no air going into the gun. It sounds like multiple ppl think the pump needs rebuilt... It came used with the gun. Can you help me understand why the pump is the likely culprit? It doesn't seem to leak air out anywhere? What is it that is rebuilt? When it's not hooked up to the gun it blows air. Again thanks for all the help

Thanks for the help guys. The gauge doesn't move even after pumping for awhile. It really seems like there is no air going into the gun. It sounds like multiple ppl think the pump needs rebuilt... It came used with the gun. Can you help me understand why the pump is the likely culprit? It doesn't seem to leak air out anywhere? What is it that is rebuilt? When it's not hooked up to the gun it blows air. Again thanks for all the help
If it was the gun - and if the gun reservoir valve was not letting air into the reservoir, you could still cycle the pump and it would build pressure in the hose and you'd see the pump pressure gauge increase in pressure. But that is not happening with yours. Your pump is not working.
Mine did the same thing as yours is doing. Rebuilding the pump really consisted of replacing the seals. And even though I had mine all apart and replaced the seals, I cannot tell you what was wrong with it. Nor can I tell you exactly how it works. There are YouTube videos on the subject.

Reactions: dylanscott