• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Avenger air tubes

So I was messing with the Avenger last night because the weather was too nasty to go shoot, and made an observation. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it sure looks like these 2 tubes could switch locations and nothing would change mechanically. Forgive the blue color, my flash has decide it is now blue.

20201024_081026.1603553566.jpg

If I'm correct, that opens up 2 oppurtunities. First, you can modify the stock, and drop the tube with the fill port to the bottom location where it would be easier to attach a fill line, and avoid your suppressor. But more importantly. It means you can get a second full length air tube to increase air capacity. I know when I emailed Duy, he said he was gonna look at bottle adapter capability. Ultimately I think this is where the Avenger should end up, but for those that cant afford a bottle setup, an extended air tube is viable upgrade.

Now one hiccup, the current barrel band torques to the long air tube (yuck). Switching air tube locations might not let you tighten the barrel band with the short on top without some kind of place holder.

I saw a post on a different site where the band had been changed to using a nut and bolt to tighten it up. I think they said they did it because the grub screws biting into a tube under high pressure didn't seem like a good idea. I didn't see pics but I think he cut it in half vertically and re drilled where the grub screws were so they went straight across making it clamp. I liked the idea because it seems more secure than the stock holding it along with snug grub screws. I don't have an account there so I can't search for the post, but I think it was GTA.

Well, switched the air tubes today. Seems to be holding air. Next step email Duy and see if he can make an extension tube for the shorter tube.

Duy will NOT be working on new air tubes or extending the current one. "That is just too risky", and he is right. So will have to look elsewhere to increase the current tube. I have some ideas, but I need to take some measurements and look at the current materials composition. Based on diameter, wall thickness, and pressure rating, I have a pretty good idea I know what the air tubes are made of, and can have a machinist buddy make me a new one.

Buy another avenger. Then can have one with 2 longs then turn the other one into a mini carbine with 2 short ones and shorten the barrel and shroud.

Not fan of the idea of stripping the tube from another Avenger. Although, I could buy another .25, and use the 2 short tubes to make a hunting pistol. Then I would have a rifle/pistol pair of Avengers... Hmmm. Although, for that money I could have just bought a rifle with a bottle.