• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms TX200 vs HWs / Beeman Rs

Interesting, So maybe subconsciously you prefer the TX200 since you shoot it more?
I currently have an old battered HW77 .22 from the late 80s but it shoots amazing.
I did have a newer HW97 .177 which I could achieve a 10-shot group in my backyard (23 yards) all in the size of my little fingernail!
Like an idiot, I sold it this summer for £550 including a mk1 Viper Scope!
Since I have been browsing Guntrader I can't believe how much a used one costs now!
I am a lefty , so add another 100 . but really i just like shooting the tx , have no substantial reason ? i just picked up a lefty tuned HW77 and it is wonderful also and i can trade the stocks on the 97 and 77 same/same .

I am a lefty , so add another 100 . but really i just like shooting the tx , have no substantial reason ? i just picked up a lefty tuned HW77 and it is wonderful also and i can trade the stocks on the 97 and 77 same/same .
Ah I see. So is your TX200 straight out-of-the-box or is that tuned also? Because I hear that the TX200 does feel like a tuned rifle out-of-the-box.
There an Engligh guy on Youtube who plays around with tuned HWs and TX200s
Check him out
If you don't want to follow the link his video is entitled

3 tuned guns! 2 HW97s vs highly tuned TX200HC​

Ah I see. So is your TX200 straight out-of-the-box or is that tuned also? Because I hear that the TX200 does feel like a tuned rifle out-of-the-box.
There an Engligh guy on Youtube who plays around with tuned HWs and TX200s
Check him out
If you don't want to follow the link his video is entitled

3 tuned guns! 2 HW97s vs highly tuned TX200HC​

TX is tuned to 11.6 FPE 8.44 or 8.64 H&N FTT pellets

In my hands the 77K is more hold sensitive than my 97K or my newly acquired prosport.
Generally YES .... As the action recoils ( which is during the time pellet starts moving and is within barrel ) Longer the barrel is a tad longer in time is a pellet within bore. Shorter the barrel quicker the pellet makes it free of the muzzle.

In other words ... Gun is going to jump period !! as muzzle flips, shorter the barrel quicker the pellets exits during the recoil cycle.
Longer a barrel becomes, holding the gun steady "CONSISTENTLY" becomes more important in most instances.

Reactions: bustachip
Generally YES .... As the action recoils ( which is during the time pellet starts moving and is within barrel ) Longer the barrel is a tad longer in time is a pellet within bore. Shorter the barrel quicker the pellet makes it free of the muzzle.

In other words ... Gun is going to jump period !! as muzzle flips, shorter the barrel quicker the pellets exits during the recoil cycle.
Longer a barrel becomes, holding the gun steady "CONSISTENTLY" becomes more important in most instances.
I agree with that and was my thinking as well. But I've also seen people shoot longer barrels more accurately than my shorter barrel 77K..lol. I guess there's several things at play that factor in.

the tx also wins because you can replace spring in 15 min....I'm not sure I could take the the Hw apart.
Oh I like my new prosport just as much as my 97K...lol. And yes they are easy to take apart. Once you've done a HW a couple of times it's no problem, just not as easy as the AA rifles. I've shot the 97K since 2007 so it's like second nature to me.

I’ve got a tx200mk3 and two HWs, (not hw97 though), and I think Air Arms makes a higher quality gun that is easier to work on. Both my Air Arms rifles were flawless out of the box and the wood and metal work is a step above HW. I also think the AA trigger is better. The Rekord trigger used by HW is extremely good and stupid simple to adjust. The AA trigger isn’t nearly as easy to adjust, but it is adjustable three ways instead of just one. It’ll take more time, but IMO you can tune an AA trigger to a better state than a Rekord.

Also, both my HWs were defective out of the box. One started grinding when I cocked it within the first one hundred shots and the other had a damaged piston seal, so I really view them as being a step below AA quality wise.

That said, I have to say I prefer the way the HWs shoot to the TX. The TX is very accurate, but I find it to be more hold sensitive.

Reactions: bustachip
I’ve got a tx200mk3 and two HWs, (not hw97 though), and I think Air Arms makes a higher quality gun that is easier to work on. Both my Air Arms rifles were flawless out of the box and the wood and metal work is a step above HW. I also think the AA trigger is better. The Rekord trigger used by HW is extremely good and stupid simple to adjust. The AA trigger isn’t nearly as easy to adjust, but it is adjustable three ways instead of just one. It’ll take more time, but IMO you can tune an AA trigger to a better state than a Rekord.

Also, both my HWs were defective out of the box. One started grinding when I cocked it within the first one hundred shots and the other had a damaged piston seal, so I really view them as being a step below AA quality wise.

That said, I have to say I prefer the way the HWs shoot to the TX. The TX is very accurate, but I find it to be more hold sensitive.
I agree my prosport trigger was like 10oz out of the box, but I still took it apart and did a little polishing and cleaned the grease out. I like to use just a light coat of remoil on my triggers. I think it's also more fine tunable to a lighter and safer state than the record.
I've been through both of my record triggers as well and put set back triggers on them also. The record's are "three way" adjustable, just not as nice as the AA trigger.
The record has the big screw for pull weight, then you have to take off the trigger guard to access the T8 torx for let off or breaking point, the metal tab in front of the T8 can be bent to increase or decrease the first stage travel.
Note: you have to be careful with that T8 screw because you can make the gun unsafe (bump fire). the big screw and T8 work together. If you look through the hole in the trigger unit you can see how they engage, and how the T8 screw can
make it unsafe. Also if you back out on the big screw too far, and the trigger won't reset to the first stage ( trigger just flops) then that's too light
and will bump fire. There has to be enough spring tension to reset back to the first stage if you decide not to take the shot.

Reactions: Sawney Bean
I agree my prosport trigger was like 10oz out of the box, but I still took it apart and did a little polishing and cleaned the grease out. I like to use just a light coat of remoil on my triggers. I think it's also more fine tunable to a lighter and safer state than the record.
I've been through both of my record triggers as well and put set back triggers on them also. The record's are "three way" adjustable, just not as nice as the AA trigger.
The record has the big screw for pull weight, then you have to take off the trigger guard to access the T8 torx for let off or breaking point, the metal tab in front of the T8 can be bent to increase or decrease the first stage travel.
Note: you have to be careful with that T8 screw because you can make the gun unsafe (bump fire). the big screw and T8 work together. If you look through the hole in the trigger unit you can see how they engage, and how the T8 screw can
make it unsafe. Also if you back out on the big screw too far, and the trigger won't reset to the first stage ( trigger just flops) then that's too light
and will bump fire. There has to be enough spring tension to reset back to the first stage if you decide not to take the shot.
Wow. I never had a clue that there were other Rekord trigger adjustments that were hidden away.

Reactions: Motorhead