N/A Air Arms Tx 200 or Weihrauch HW97

Personallly I prefer the HW 77 to the 97 because it mounts iron sights. I do have both and other than that they shoot about the same. I did get a AA Tx200 with walnut stock and hit the wood lottery with that one, and liking pretty wood it's a keeper. I really cannot discern any significant difference in shooting quality. Although a bit awkward when I forget, I do like the added bear trap on the AA, although I still hold the cocking lever when loading.

Reactions: beerthief
Either or. I tinker with both of mine pretty consistently and one will be better than the other and then I'll tinker with the worse one and then that one will be better and so on and so fourth. The biggest benefit of the TX200 is that its easier to work on but having been inside a 97K a couple billion times now I'm in and out nearly as fast. Sound wise I think they are both pretty close assuming the same power level. The 97K balances better in my opinion while the TX200 is much prettier. The new walnut 97 stocks may close the gap there some though.

If I had to choose one and only one I'd probably stick to the 97K but wouldn't be upset in the least if I had to keep the TX200. Long story short I dont think you can make a bad choice here.

I've enjoyed my TX200 in .22 cal walnut for more than four years now; it always puts a big smile on my face. I debated between the TX200 and the HW97K at the time, but, obviously, the Air Arms won out. Yesterday however, I saw that AoA had some 97ks with walnut stocks available and my decision was made for me. Already in stock are the .177s and .20 cals, but I'll have to wait a few weeks for the .22s to arrive. Oh well, someone said that distance makes the heart
grow fonder . . . or something like that. Orv.

I have several of both. I like the push button to release the cocking arm on the 97 better. I can load a 97 way easier than a TX. Also don’t like the bear trap on Tx. They both shoot out the lites. The TX looks sweeter IMO.
The 97 .20 would be my first choice.
For plinking, I really like shooting the 97 .25. Rounds are pricey. But you can watch the flight of the shot.
You really can’t go wrong with either. Get both. Good luck. Crow

If you plan on taking it apart often the TX200 is the better choice as you do not need a spring compressor. As far as which one is more accurate they are basically the same. They are both the same for loudness, you don’t get a report from the pellet, the noise is made from spring unloading.

I like the TX200 for being able to service it easier. However I enjoy shooting my HW77 more than the TX200, as I like the release button on the cocking arm, and it seems to fit me better.

So what I suggest is buy a Pro Sport with a walnut stock in .22, and then if you don’t like it you can sell it to me for a discount.

There are tons of YouTube videos testing and comparing the TX200 and HW97 side-by-side. Virtually all arrive at the same conclusion: Both are great guns and equally accurate, but the 97 is cheaper, and the TX is prettier and shoots a little smoother out of the box.

Having said that, I have a Pro-Sport (same internals and Walther barrel as the TX) and a HW97K, and, at least with my two examples, the Pro-Sport is very pellet picky, while the 97 shoots accurately with a much wider variety, consistently turning in single-hole groups even with cheap Crosman Premier Hollow Points.

Last edited:
I have both, the TX200 is better, and the 97 is easier. if they cost the the TX wins, but they don't so the 97 wins. With the TX you have to be more focused on what you are doing, maybe that is why it wins a lot of championships, for just shooting and having fun the 97 is better.I hope I confused myself.
:unsure:

TX200 should be much quieter as it comes with a built in shroud. I don’t personally have an HW97, but I do have an HW95 which I understand has virtually the same power plant and I do have a TX200 and it is the quieter of the two.

I’m not sure which I would get if I were you, but if I were buying another TX200 I would definitely get the 12 fpe version. My accuracy improved significantly as soon as I detuned it from 17 fpe and for me accuracy is the number one reason why you buy either a TX or an HW97.

Help me choose. They both get great reviews. Will be shooting in my backyard. Nothing over 25 yds. Which one is louder in stock form? Plan to use for plinking and small game, (rats and squirels, etc. Thanks Jeff
The HW97K, as far as I know has an insert in the muzzel that you can unscrew and install a moderator if you like.
I'll know for sure when it arrives next week.

One more thing is don’t forget about the Diana 48, or 56

My collection includes a TX200, a HW77, and a Diana 48.

All 3 are excellent rifles, and if price is a concern the 48 can still be found for $400 new. The T06 trigger is excellent, and both Maccari and Vortex make kits for the 48.

Yes the Diana is the ugliest of the 3, but just because she isn’t pretty doesn’t me she can’t dance.

I saw that AoA had some 97ks with walnut stocks available and my decision was made for me. Already in stock are the .177s and .20 cals, but I'll have to wait a few weeks for the .22s to arrive. Oh well, someone said that distance makes the heart
grow fonder . . . or something like that. Orv.
Lol
I ordered my 97K Bluelam .20 cal in September.
7 months, but many have waited longer.
I can't beleive the .20 cal walnut models haven't sold out.

Reactions: maxtrouble
IMG_5295.jpg
IMG_4409.jpg
IMG_5299.jpg
IMG_5404.jpg

Yes, to both, and grab a HW98! Sold a Pro Elite many years ago. Would love to have that one back. Also, on the hunt for a Pro Sport walnut. All top tier spring rifles. Best of the best. Enjoy!

I have several of both. I like the push button to release the cocking arm on the 97 better. I can load a 97 way easier than a TX. Also don’t like the bear trap on Tx. They both shoot out the lites. The TX looks sweeter IMO.
The 97 .20 would be my first choice.
For plinking, I really like shooting the 97 .25. Rounds are pricey. But you can watch the flight of the shot.
You really can’t go wrong with either. Get both. Good luck. Crow
What scopes do you use Crow?
I am wondering how my 6x24x50 Helix is going to fit with regard to the breech port access.
Its long.

Reactions: crowski
What scopes do you use Crow?
I am wondering how my 6x24x50 Helix is going to fit with regard to the breech port access.
Its long.
I have quite a few Air Max’s, but I have a hard time hearing or feeling the clicks. You have to bea profesional safe cracker. I really like this Element scope.
IMG_8430.jpeg

It has an extension, which I used on a R9. Crow