Air Arms S510XS questions

Is yours already regulated? If so disregard. If not, and you ever plan to put in a HUMA, the pressure gauge on the stock will read the regulator pressure. If you want to read your cylinder pressure, you need an end gauge. I put in a Wika gauge that uses a fill probe and it was worth the 100 or so bucks for the part. I got this one off Darren at XTX before he closed up shop, but you can get them from other sellers

IMG_1052.1603197379.JPG

No I don't. Although the rules appear to allow them installed, they cannot be adjusted during the match. Much like adjustments of the scope turrets. Here is a quote from the AAFTA rule book; 

"Adjustable components on the stock may not be adjusted during a match." 

I've never seen them used at the Nats, GP's or even club outings in HFT. However, they are quite common in WFTF and open. 

If you have any questions around shooting HFT, please feel free to ask.

Hey Val. I shoot Open class field target. As Dave said, usually the Open class and WFTF (12fpe) class shooters are sitting on a bumbag and typically those two classes use a hamster. 

Sounds like Dave shoots Hunter class, which uses a bipod versus the body as the gun's support system. Hunter class shooters don't often use hamsters. In fact, I'm vaguely remembering that Hunter class has an additional rule to the one Dave cited, that says there is a max depth from the barrel to the bottom of the forearm and/or any attachments. There is no such max depth for the bumbag sitters (Open and WFTF classes). 

I stole this pic off our FT clubs website, from last fall. I blew the pic up and lost some quality. 

hamster.1603249891.jpg

I'm in the foreground. My knee riser/hamster is one made by Tim McMurray. His normal knee riser has a wooden cup that kinda hugs the knee cap vs the longer rectangle of wood that I requested. I also specified longer "dog-legs" which is what he calls the connecting pieces between the two rectangular pieces of wood. 

Here is a bit better pic of my gun and the Timmy Mac knee riser.

hamster1.1603250137.jpg

Mine (and I think the RAW option) attaches to the gun with a UIT/Anshutz rail like this:

rail.1603250619.jpg

I think the XS ultimate sporter actually comes with the UIT rail built into the forearm, not sure if your daughters gun is that version of the XS510, but if it is, it'll be easy-peasy since rail is already there. 

The other guy in the pic above, with the Steyr, has a Rowan knee riser. 

Here are some links. 

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/shooting-gear/rowan-engineering-adjustable-forend-mechanism-with-plate-mounting/

http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/adjustable-kneerest-kit-us-ft-gen-ii-p/m1adjkneerest.htm

I tried to find a link to the RAW knee riser but couldn't so you might only be able to find those in the used market.

(Just skimmed through the comments and it looks like YO-delayheehoo was all over this prior to myself so sorry about some duplicate links.)