• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms S510 for indoor 10m - Iron sights

My first attempt is promising, but in need of adjustment. I got a 1” OD spacer that fits over 1/2” threads, drilled and tapped it, and put a Williams globe sight on it. I think I will try to find a 1/2-20 nut and a 1/2” lock washer, so I can keep it straight.
IMG_0277.jpeg

I got a Williams rear aperture, but it needed to move closer to my eye so I got a BKL riser.
IMG_0276.jpeg

I did some test shots in my basement and, at 10 yards, with the rear sight centered in its vertical movement, I am hitting about 6” high. When I move the rear sight all the way down, a 1/8” movement, my impact point moves down about 1.5”

So I think if I use a 1.5” spacer, moving the front sight up 1/2”, I should make up the 6”

IMG_0278.jpeg

I have a few weeks before the indoor airgun meetings start. I should be able to get it all dialed in by then. Hopefully I can find a pellet it likes in the 390fps range.

a Crosman William blade sight could be added to the rear but then the hard part to get the front sight on the same plane
and without the rifle it is hard to say what that would be
for the front this it is 15mm ID but a insert can be made for the 1/2-20 threads
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/air-venturi-muzzlebrake-with-grooves?a=5875
it can be topped by this this, it is plastic and will take 17.2mm Anschutz inserts height should be close but again i am guessing like we all are
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/air-venturi-front-globe-sight-accepts-inserts?a=3190

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/...otched-blade-elevation-windage-adj-3-8?a=2008

it will neither be cheap or a done deal
i have made the inserts for 15mm to 1/2-20 out of Aluminum tubing

here is how the front sight would look

these are ideas no more no less, this putting open sights on a rifle that did not come with them has been an ongoing challenge for many on these forums

that is a 15mm OD to 1/2-20 thread what you would need to make
View attachment 386801View attachment 386802
View attachment 386799View attachment 386800
Beautiful work.

I think it would be most enjoyable with a peep, and globe front. It's how the game is played. If you have never tried it, it's amazing how precise the aim is, when you're just putting the black dot in the circle. Something about the way eyeballs work:)
I had that set up on a Winchester M70 .308 WIN a long long time ago. Shot 1,000 yards at Camp Perry. You are right on how accurate it can be.

I ordered up a globe sight riser from Lost Nation R&D and some 1/2 "lock washers and 1/2-20 nuts. This should get me pretty much on target with the rear sight at middle adjustment.

IMG_0308.JPG

There is some basement target practice in my future and, if it does work, I'll aluminum black the spacer and either black marker or paint the lock washer and nut. Then I think a little purple thread locker and get it all set up straight. Maybe I'll give the stock another BLO treatment while the thread locker dries.

IMG_0310.JPG

Nicely done! I've been messing with some similar ideas in OpenSCAD to take a front globe sight. But my printer is in need of some minor repair and recalibration. What I have been able to make is a front blade sight that I find suitable for my purposes, which is informal target shooting, plinking and occasional pesting. It certainly makes a gun feel like something you'd like to carry around. This was what I came up with. Naturally, all of the money is in the rear arrangement.
IMG_9292.jpg

My Benji 397 has a Williams on it and inspired this insanity.

Reactions: Ozwald
Nicely done! I've been messing with some similar ideas in OpenSCAD to take a front globe sight. But my printer is in need of some minor repair and recalibration. What I have been able to make is a front blade sight that I find suitable for my purposes, which is informal target shooting, plinking and occasional pesting. It certainly makes a gun feel like something you'd like to carry around. This was what I came up with. Naturally, all of the money is in the rear arrangement.
View attachment 409428
My Benji 397 has a Williams on it and inspired this insanity.
That looks great.

I got busy so didn’t fire mine up yet. I found specs for the 10m airgun rifle target, drew some up in AutoCAD, and printed them out. They are tiny. I will have my work cut out for me…

IMG_0312.jpeg