Air Arms Air Arms S510 degassing

Depending on what model you have and when it was produced, there may be a de-gassing screw that when loosened will completely drain the reservoir.

You'll need to remove the stock to access it - it is located on what AA calls the "valve-body". The screw is directly above where the manometer is screwed into the same valve body.

I've attached a picture below.

IMG_6310.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
I know i can unscrew the manometer, BUT, is there a degassing tool that specifically works for the AA S510 ?
Depending on what model you have and when it was produced, there may be a de-gassing screw that when loosened will completely drain the reservoir.

You'll need to remove the stock to access it - it is located on what AA calls the "valve-body". The screw is directly above where the manometer is screwed into the same valve body.

View attachment 401954
Oh wow.... i had no idea... so simple and smart... thank you @Nico5999

View attachment 401954
Honestly - why an air drain / degassing screw is not on every single PCP as a minimum safety feature, blows my mind and defies logic. Thus my appreciation of this bleed screw... i will try it this weekend as i want to change the barrel band and convert the Silly Air arms fill method to a Foster type fitting at the end of the airtube.

I changed out the fill do - hickey on my wife's S 510 about 7 years ago. I simply slowly unscrewed the fill thingy a turn or more until I heard air start to escape. It was easy and I didn't have to mess with the manometer. The air release is easy to monitor and you shouldn't have any problem doing it this way.
Best upgrade you can do to a S 510. Just remember to cock the hammer when refilling to set the valve stem.

Reactions: cavedweller
I changed out the fill do - hickey on my wife's S 510 about 7 years ago. I simply slowly unscrewed the fill thingy a turn or more until I heard air start to escape. It was easy and I didn't have to mess with the manometer. The air release is easy to monitor and you shouldn't have any problem doing it this way.
Best upgrade you can do to a S 510. Just remember to cock the hammer when refilling to set the valve stem.
thanks for the reminder!

Reactions: grackleblast