Air Arms S510 Carbine FAC .22 finally tweaked to perfection

Well it's been a long slow process but I finally have this thing tweaked into my perfect hunting/pest control weapon.

It was a great gun to start with but now it's perfect, for me at least.

Slayed a few pigeons out at the farm with it on Saturday. Here's 3 of 12 I bagged

and today bagged 18 crows along with to many starlings to count. Heres a few from today

For those interested the gun is an S510 carbine FAC super-lite. Regulated with a Robert Lane regulator set to shoot Air Arms 16g Fields at 840fps giving me about 25 ft/lbs.
I removed the original air reservoir and put the shorter 12ft/lb carbine cylinder on. Filling to 210 Bar gives me exactly 30 shots or 3 magazines worth. ES is around 9 fps.

1/2" groups or less at 50 and I can confidently take Starlings out to 80 yds no problem. Depending on my caffeine intake.

It's topped with a Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 4-12x40 AO mil dot scope attached with Sportsmatch med rings.

Putting the shorter cylinder on and the Leupold really changed the handling of the gun and it has really made it a pleasure to carry and shoot. I've pretty much ditched the bipod and sticks in favour of just walking and stalking all the time with this thing.

Can't believe how reliable this combo has been. Never loses zero, pressure or velocity. Just take it out of the gun bag and start shooting.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Well if you call a lathe a special tool then I guess I did. Haha. In all honesty installing the regulator and getting everything balanced was a supernormous gigantic humungous PITA.

In the end it worked out well and this is now my favourite airgun but would I do it again. Hell no!

I won't bother putting a reg in a gun again that didn't have one as original equipment.

I think the S510 is fine out of the box. Had I known what I know now I would have left well enough alone. That said I'm happy with the results but it was a very long frustrating process.

"Ghostmaker"Well it's been a long slow process but I finally have this thing tweaked into my perfect hunting/pest control weapon.

It was a great gun to start with but now it's perfect, for me at least.

Slayed a few pigeons out at the farm with it on Saturday. Here's 3 of 12 I bagged

and today bagged 18 crows along with to many starlings to count. Heres a few from today

For those interested the gun is an S510 carbine FAC super-lite. Regulated with a Robert Lane regulator set to shoot Air Arms 16g Fields at 840fps giving me about 25 ft/lbs.
I removed the original air reservoir and put the shorter 12ft/lb carbine cylinder on. Filling to 210 Bar gives me exactly 30 shots or 3 magazines worth. ES is around 9 fps.

1/2" groups or less at 50 and I can confidently take Starlings out to 80 yds no problem. Depending on my caffeine intake.

It's topped with a Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 4-12x40 AO mil dot scope attached with Sportsmatch med rings.

Putting the shorter cylinder on and the Leupold really changed the handling of the gun and it has really made it a pleasure to carry and shoot. I've pretty much ditched the bipod and sticks in favour of just walking and stalking all the time with this thing.

Can't believe how reliable this combo has been. Never loses zero, pressure or velocity. Just take it out of the gun bag and start shooting.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
We're most of your shots head shots, or were they center chest/body shots?

wll2506

i'll take whatever presents itself. Really depends on the situation. Some of these were head shots and some were body shots. 

I've had no issues with body shots on either the crows or the pigeons. With the pigeons I try to shoot them from behind between the shoulder blades. Otherwise I usually aim for the neck.

With the crows I just smack em right in the chest. They drop like stones.

The head shots, well head shots are head shots. lol

Hi..Great Job! And a beautiful Rifle.👍 .. i have just finished the Reg installation and tuning my S510 Carbine in .177.

Like you already mentioned. It was a Royal PITA...😅.

Mine shoot the JSB Exact Heavy 10,34 gr. 4.52 Pellets.

With the Lane Regulator plus the Lane anti bounce Hammer I get 60 shots @ an Average of 905 ft/sec and a Spread of 13.

From a 240 bar Fill.

I really would like to know what you guys think about that.. as I desperately look for some similar Projects, but couldn't find anything.

Nice kit.

AA likes to say they design the end threads on the airtube thinner so that's where it should bulge if overfilled. Then again some would want you to think 250 bar should make it bulge enough to blow the seal.

Never seen the adjustable model hopped up ( do know one .22 owner who dropped a custom reg in with a stock everything and had excellent results) but the bolt action modle can really hit hard.

On sound the old 16mm shroud model at equal power levels is quieter than a marauder, personally dont care for the loader 20mm unit.

John