• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms S410E questions

Hey guys, new member, long time airgun enthusiast.

I have an older model Air Arms S410E in .22 that is leaking air.

I've been all over the internet looking for a parts manual and everything I find seems to be a newer version.

Mine has the bolt action, not side lever. It has a male QD in the end, not the newer style fill probe with the 2 orings showing.

I need to order that QD.

I've seen pics of supposedly Foster QD's with a plastic insert. (black) but these all look different,

Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

thx,

Jim

I've seen the Foster stuff in a lot of places and in all of them, the end that attaches to the female QD is different than mine.

The one in the parts drawing shows it to have female threads and the one in the link shows male threads??? 

I'm not sure which way mine is made (it's been years since it's been taken off) but I think it's female.

I don't really mind buying both halves and upgrading to the new style if I need to, I just didn't think it would be this hard to get a replacement of the original part.

hmm , Parker fitting? ( I thought it was a Foster too) Maybe I'll look at Parker to see if I can get one local.

That being said,

It's been many years since it's been torn down. 

I fill with a hand pump. maybe I should take a more extensive look at the insides of my gun. 

Imagining the air tank rusting gives me the willies.

:)

Mr.Master, your certainly right I didnt really look. I have the older style as your and yes it needed a female adaptor whcih at the time raw sold.

Sorry I skip over a well know fact from yesteryear ( wasnt so long ago ) if the Parker is leaking simply remove it, hook it to scuba and carefully BLAST some air through it a couple of time. Sounds odd but you've about a 95% chance it is fine there after and not from just blowing crud out. That did work on both of ours, only went to foster becasue it was an option at the time. Blast that puppy once and get back to us. 

I think I just left ours behind when moving but will get out the odds&ends box today & see if ones still in there but ???? Yes your local supply shop will have a new one 

The original reason for the Parker was all the shops had them and they are rebuild-able for just a few bucks so do not buy a new one.

John

John,

That's really good to hear about the Parker QD.

I pumped it up to 200 bar 3-4 days ago and haven't shot it. Now it's at 190ish. If I used it every week I might not bother (and it might fix itself?) but since it mostly sits I guess I need to go ahead and fix it. If I can get my hands on a new one, I think I'd just replace it but so far I don't really have a Parker part number.

Jim

Now I'm stuck again.

I bought the old style male adapter and after I installed it I found another leak.

It's at the base of my pressure gauge adapter block. I ordered an o-ring kit from PA but in the pictures it doesn't look like it has that seal in it.

It's not a regular o-ring. It's a flat molded seal and very thin, Also, the port that leads to the chamber is a white "teflon??" seal, and not in the kit.

Neither part seems to be in the PA website.

I bought a Yong Heng air compressor and an extra "gold" filter. The connectors on those are all the Foster type.

I bought a Foster male adapter but they don't have a check valve in them and so they don't work on the AA S series rifles.

Is there a way to get around that? Edit- I found a conversion adapter at RAW.

From what I have seen the AA reseal kit should have everything to re seal the rifle. I bought one a couple years ago when I installed a reg in an old S410 for another member. From what I remember the kit had everything for the rifle. Maybe they just dont include them all in the pic. You can use an o-ring in place of the white teflon piece I have done that in the past.