Air Arms S400 keyholing

Hi, I think I will reach out to Air Arms and see what they have to say. I didn't realize that red lock tight had to get so hot to release.

Here's a photo of the other end of the barrel. I'm pretty sure the scratches are where the set screws were...
View attachment 285121

Thanks for the thoughts.
Yep, looks like the barrel was turned before the set screws were adequately backed out.

Yes Red Loctite was design to be taken off with impact Wenches etc. we usually torque down head bolts on heads of vehicles but I did reach out to Brownells like I said and that’s what they told me heat it to 350°F please let us know how you come out on your problem I would be interested to know
My advice (worth what you're paying), red Loctite has no legitimate use on an air rifle. The only time I use a locking compound, is on a small connector that can't accept much torque, but is subject to extreme vibration or other movement. And even then, something milder than red Loctite.

I called Air Arms this evening since I didn't hear back from their contact us form. They were professional and got me to a tech right away. The guy said it's an easy fix if you know what you are doing...and since I don't he recommended sending it to someone who does.

If found out the gun was dated to 2006. I purchased it in 2012.

Are there any other guys besides David Slade (Airgunwerks) that work with the Air Arms?
Thanks,
Dave

I called Air Arms this evening since I didn't hear back from their contact us form. They were professional and got me to a tech right away. The guy said it's an easy fix if you know what you are doing...and since I don't he recommended sending it to someone who does.

If found out the gun was dated to 2006. I purchased it in 2012.

Are there any other guys besides David Slade (Airgunwerks) that work with the Air Arms?
Thanks,
Dave
Martin Rutterford, also English, and a neighbor of David Slade would probably work on it. His new company, Airguns-USA, is a general custom shop since he closed the RAW deal with AirForce, but he still assembles the RAW rifles, and I assume that requires the majority of his time. He did some work on a Weihrauch rifle for me a few years back. If he accepts it, he will do good work. His new company web site has contact information.