Air Arms Air Arms Owners

The S510 manual suggests "Napier G95 Gun Grease" for the pivot points on the cocking mechanism. Any alternatives to this?
I have a couple of alternatives I use from Amazon

Lubriplate 130-AA Multi-Purpose Calcium Type Grease L0044-086 (1.75oz Tube)​

Krytox by Chemours GPL 205 Grease, Pure PFPE/PTFE, 0.5 oz Tube (D10170248)​

I've owned several Air Arms 410's and 510's. The carbine length balances well but I find the rifle length versions to be muzzle heavy. Your Crown is a dream to balance offhand compared to the rifle length Air Arms Xtra-Fac. If you get one, get a walnut stock not the poplar stock which is a soft wood that dents if you sneeze on it. Air Arms dedicated right hand or left hand walnut stocks are much higher quality. A coat or two of oil finish on their walnut stocks creates an heirloom finish.

I have a couple of alternatives I use from Amazon

Lubriplate 130-AA Multi-Purpose Calcium Type Grease L0044-086 (1.75oz Tube)​

Krytox by Chemours GPL 205 Grease, Pure PFPE/PTFE, 0.5 oz Tube (D10170248)​

Thanks. What's the viscosity of that stuff? I assume it's pretty thick, considering it's grease. I was considering using a jar of moly I have, but trying to work it into the pivot points could be difficult.

Was at the computer when I suddenly heard a hissing noise in the living room. I immediately figured it was the Chaser and that I might've left a CO2 cartridge in there for too long. But a little more searching led me to the S510. I put my finger near the fill valve cap and felt air coming out of the hole on the front it. I unscrewed the cap and, sure enough, saw what looked like an o-ring trying to squeeze itself out where the fill valve meets the air cylinder.

Not sure what caused the sudden leak, but the o-ring had a nice slice through it.

IMG_2426_result.png

I do like to fill it to ~260 bar so when the air cylinder cools it goes back down to 250. That might be the issue. In any case, I figured it was time to install the BEST Fittings Foster kit I bought a few months back. Went surprisingly easy. No thread locker. I did, however, lose the spring for the T-bar valve. Will have to find a source for those.

Something I didn't consider beforehand was the clearance between the new valve and quick disconnect. I purchased my Stikman with an extended quick disconnect, and the gap between it and the suppressor is minimal.

IMG_2436_result.png

I've been considering trying a different suppressor, but even with the DonnyFL adapter I'm wondering if an aftermarket one will even let me fill the gun. Anyone try a new suppressor for their S510? Is it even worth it?

Have to fight me to get my S410 TDR FAC .177 out of my hands . Owned many rifles , this one is special . Weight , balance , level of craftsmanship , fit in actual backpack , yeah !
Always shoot full power , 55 POI shots from a 190 bar fill . Took many many tins but action is now hydraulic smooth and positive, but requires a touch to operate it slickly , lol

My dream gun would be an S410 TDR in .25 cal . Im lefty , changed bolt side on s410, cannot on 510 . 410 has actual backpack , not Samonsite suitcase .

It is the first air arms I've owned but I'll tell you right now it won't be my last

When I first started looking at PCPs the AA S500 was a serious contender but I ended up going with the Weihrauch HW100 because it was regulated and had a much better magazine system.

Fast forward to last fall and I bought a .22 S510. It's now regulated, accurate as always, shoots well and it's a real looker. Really enjoying the airgun, it's a bit on the heavy side and shot-count is only adequate. Think the factory tune is a little too hot and plan to tune it down to shoot 16 grain pellets as I think the valve was designed for that level of power - the rifle appears to be old technology that has been patched along ever since the old 400 series. The magazine system looks like a bolted on afterthought rather that something designed into the rifle, still, it works fine and have had no issues with it.

I like traditional style rifles and the S510 is a beauty. No buyer's remorse, not at all but I'm preferring more modern PCPs that are more versatile and convenient to tune.

Cheers!
IMG_7274.jpeg

Was at the computer when I suddenly heard a hissing noise in the living room. I immediately figured it was the Chaser and that I might've left a CO2 cartridge in there for too long. But a little more searching led me to the S510. I put my finger near the fill valve cap and felt air coming out of the hole on the front it. I unscrewed the cap and, sure enough, saw what looked like an o-ring trying to squeeze itself out where the fill valve meets the air cylinder.

Not sure what caused the sudden leak, but the o-ring had a nice slice through it.

View attachment 399009

I do like to fill it to ~260 bar so when the air cylinder cools it goes back down to 250. That might be the issue. In any case, I figured it was time to install the BEST Fittings Foster kit I bought a few months back. Went surprisingly easy. No thread locker. I did, however, lose the spring for the T-bar valve. Will have to find a source for those.

Something I didn't consider beforehand was the clearance between the new valve and quick disconnect. I purchased my Stikman with an extended quick disconnect, and the gap between it and the suppressor is minimal.

View attachment 399015

I've been considering trying a different suppressor, but even with the DonnyFL adapter I'm wondering if an aftermarket one will even let me fill the gun. Anyone try a new suppressor for their S510? Is it even worth it?
First thing I did was replace the funky AA fill method with a foster QD

Reactions: djna and Airgun Al
I have a AA510xs, ultimate sporter in 177. It claps airgun silhouette targets on the no 3 setting. I might get 80 shots to a fill. Personally I like the 177. Like i said, it seems to be like a laser at 20 yards, and the chicken targets snap back like they were hit with lightning.
I just looked at pyramid and they were 1800. Great rifle, but boy that is expensive.
Quality rig for sure, sold design, and reliable.