Air Arms Air Arms Owners

S510 is being sent back to Utah Airguns. Hoping for a blemish free replacement. In the meantime, I'm working out the scope situation. To have a better idea of what would fit or not, I created a Photoshop document and imported an S510 image. The S510 is around 44.5", so I created a ruler and scaled the scopes and the Warne rings I have on order around that measurement. What I'm not too sure about is eye relief. I looked at other S510s, and the red line seems to be where rear of peoples' scopes line up. Does this seem about right? Obviously, eye relief differs between scopes, but I'm looking for a general idea. I'm especially interested if the Optisan would work. I'm thinking it might be too short to work.

s510_scopes.png

Reactions: Jetdro
S510 is being sent back to Utah Airguns. Hoping for a blemish free replacement. In the meantime, I'm working out the scope situation. To have a better idea of what would fit or not, I created a Photoshop document and imported an S510 image. The S510 is around 44.5", so I created a ruler and scaled the scopes and the Warne rings I have on order around that measurement. What I'm not too sure about is eye relief. I looked at other S510s, and the red line seems to be where rear of peoples' scopes line up. Does this seem about right? Obviously, eye relief differs between scopes, but I'm looking for a general idea. I'm especially interested if the Optisan would work. I'm thinking it might be too short to work.

View attachment 377340
i mounted an Aztec Emerald 5.5-25x50 on mine using eagle vision inf adjustable 30 mm side mount rings.
Perfect i relief and clearance for the .177 magazine.
BUT if you use a ranging wheel on the parallax knob it will interfere with the magazine loading and unloading since it is a left side only loader..... what were the Brits thinking ? They do this left side thing on the BSA's also.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: joelayfield
i have a few of those guns , just older design , my old rapid super 12 theoben only had left side magazines way back when ! it didn't matter , your only problem was reaching the AO on a 18 inch long scope , scopes weren't really doing the side focus thing much yet , and the scopes that had it were very expensive for what they were,

Reactions: cavedweller

View attachment 377340
I bought a couple of these 10X44 Optisan scopes (on sale) from Utah Air. Mounted with 30mm low BRK self-centering rings. Perfect setup for me.

S510 10X44 Optisan BRK Low.jpg

They have a universal and a S-500 specific. It is very smooth operating and if you want to load single just take it out.
So based on your post I ordered a magazine kit for my s500.

A very simple design, it consists of a little bracket that mounts to the scope rail, and a 6 shot 7 slot magazine.

The magazine is metal and does not self advance. During operation you pull the bolt or lever back, advance the magazine, close the bolt.
An extra step compared with a true mag fed 510, but still very convenient compared to single lading.

Fit and finish is typical Rowan perfect. It all lines up exactly and feeds without pellet damage. The mag will easily last as long as the gun.

I am glad I bought it. Thanks Trampus for the recommendation.

IMG_3147.jpeg

IMG_3146.jpeg

I sent an email to Air Arms recently asking if the trigger safety on an S510 could be reversed or replaced for left handed shooters. They said no, and "nobody had ever asked for that.". I find that one pretty hard to believe....
Sounds like you desire a safety?
I personally prefer (and own) the earlier 2 sear two stage trigger. I do not know for fact they interchange but I would wager just one dollar that they do. I'b be happy to try and take a few measurements for you if you were interested. Note NO safety on the earlier trigger though.
A touch of information: https://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/199010-air-arms-s410-trigger-sear/

John

I have a Airarms s510 xtra fac .22. Its totally custom. I machined the pieces to have a fx superior .22 700mm liner, ported valve, heavier hs, huma regulator, custom shroud with donnyfl extension, all put into a tactical chassis with custom fore stock, luth ar grip and prs lite stock. It has been most accurate and reliable .22 slug shooter i have. 20.2 grn nsa slugs at 960 fps... 115 bar reg. I fill to 205 bar and get 4 mag before getting close to reg pressure. And the trigger is absolutely amazing, one of the best.
20230411_171854.jpg

I have a Airarms s510 xtra fac .22. Its totally custom. I machined the pieces to have a fx superior .22 700mm liner, ported valve, heavier hs, huma regulator, custom shroud with donnyfl extension, all put into a tactical chassis with custom fore stock, luth ar grip and prs lite stock. It has been most accurate and reliable .22 slug shooter i have. 20.2 grn nsa slugs at 960 fps... 115 bar reg. I fill to 205 bar and get 4 mag before getting close to reg pressure. And the trigger is absolutely amazing, one of the best.
View attachment 383604
Well damn!

As I said earlier, some of my favorite rifles. If I had my wish, I'd make some minor changes. One their trigger design needs tweaked for better two stage return. Two the target rifles with air strippers should also be easier to fit moderators. Aside from those two minor mods they're as good as it gets and their unregulated guns are more consistent than a lot of regulated guns.

View attachment 383604
Well done..Beautifull !!!!