• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Galahad

I don't see much chatter about the Air Arms Galahad. Some talk about FX Wildcat. Seriously thinking of taking the leap to PCP. Have read where these high end rifles have their own set off issues. It would be nice to take multiple shots; on the other hand, getting air into a PCP sounds like a hassle. The accuracy of these rifles seem superb. I am fairly handy with my Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach I .22 with UTG Scope 3-12x44 etched reticle. Also added Picatinny Rail and mounted an Orion (Red) tactile flash light. I have had to take a number of coons (6) that were reaping havoc in my back yard as well as several squirrels and fox. My yard butts up to a forest. I think the better air rifles have more FPE and therefore more knock down power. I seldom shoot out past 40 yd. To me, using a single shot air gun is kinda of like using a black powder gun. I actually had a coon charge right at me one night and went down about 3 ft away. That 2nd shot would have been nice to have. Actually my 1st year into air rifles. They are addicting. Which way do I go?

I think it is because of the bad publicity the AA Galahad had when it first was introduced with its problems with QC.

The looks I have to guess didn't really appeal to the mass market with the big gap between the air cylinder and barrel.

Unlike FX, after all of the complaints, it seems as though it didn't pick up and I think it is because they were priced too

high for what they are. There was also NO YOU TUBE spoksmen for the Air Arms such as the FX did.

Air Arms should have sponsored a bunch of You Tube popularity shooters then I think it just may have have taken off.

There are cheaper and possibly better guns to choose from for example the Taipan Veteran.

It all depends on how much you feel confortable spending and your intended use. 
Based on your Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach1 comment, I think just about any PCP will make you happy.

I have owned many airguns from cheapies to expensive high end to middle grade average priced and I currently am shooting a Nova Freedom

in 177 which is my Go-To gun right now that I shoot regularly and no longer shoot any of my quality German target spring guns and none of my other PCPs for that matter but often shoot my Beeman P17 pistol since it is so accurate. I suggest you buy a Nova Freedom and a Beeman P17 both in 177.

I wish it was available when I bought my first quality airgun back in the day because I would have saved a lot of money by not buying most of the ones that I did and all of the filling equipment as well.

With the Nova Freedom, $399 and no pumps or tanks to buy. Just pellets and a good quality scope and mounts.

I suggest the Nova Freedom over the Seneca Aspen because it comes with open sights which the Aspen does not.

CA

PA is selling new Galahads w/ black stock right now for a super price...$1099.00 I think it was yesterday. Should be plenty powerful enough for what you want to shoot at those ranges.

Watch Steve's (AEAC) video on it...should help you decide.

The FX Streamline is also a good option......a few more shots per fill and only 230bar vs. 250bar.....big difference that last 20bar.

as for the air,

pumps get very old very fast.it no fun unless youre in really good shape.

if you know what to look for you can piece together a carbon fiber tank fill setup for pcps for well under 200. i just put one together for less than 100.

Could you share “ what your looking for” when you get your fill set ups. Have been hand pumping my daystate huntsman for the last 10 months. It’s not bad at all but I would like to be able to take more then 40 shots for pesting or plinking. Sorry to hijack your post Nick. 

Sorry for not getting back. I did purchase. Went with FX Wildcat MK2 .25 Compact. Had to wait approximately a month to get it, due back order. It is very accurate. I did purchase the basic Omega Air Station and an Omega 18 cu/ft 4500 psi tank. The compressor required me to bleed the water line in order to get water flow through the system. Also had to change the pressure gauge on the air tank. AOA followed through very well replacing the gauge. I also had to repair the safety on Wildcat. I really don't understand the quality control issues with FX. When you spend 1400 $ on a rifle, you shouldn't have to pull the stock and fix something. Also, there is no FX Wildcat MK2 specific manual. You have to pull up the diagram and figure things out on your own. Also, I went through and listed all the various o-ring requirements. Found "Metric Seals" and ordered all the various sizes and NBR requirements. I ordered additional breach rings as that is a significant wear point. They want $40.00 for their o-ring rebuild kit. I paid $27.80, including shipping, with extra rings for each. What turned me off on Air Arms Galahad was the lower FPE, I think it is 36 FPE compared to 42. We shall see how the FX holds up. One thing for certain, pcp air guns, or at least FX, requires some DYI experience. For instance, AOA does not gunsmith FX rifles anymore. According to AOA you need to go though FX USA for repair work. Also, there is no registration sight for FX. I will drill down into this after the holidays. Not sure if all Mfr's are like that. Clearly, I would lean toward company that provides more peace of mind.

We have FX USA, Ernest Rowe and Master Class on our side....one more reason to own an FX.

👍

Of the Streamline, Wildcat and Crown.....the Streamline has been the only one that hasn't needed anything since unboxing. It has seen the most use and is still going strong!

Good luck with your Wildcat......I'm sure you'll have lots of good shooting with it!

:)