• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Galahad R or Fx Impact & Crown

I absolutely love my Crown, it's one of, if not my favorite gun, period. I think that almost everyone who owns an Impact loves them too. They are beautiful, tack driving air guns too, but with a bit more adjustability, in a shorter, handier package. I would have bought an Impact but I'm a leftie and the Crown is more comfortable for me. I can't speak on the Galahad, I have no experience there but Air Arms does make quality products and I'd love to try one in the future! 

I know you didn't ask about the Red Wolf but I'm replying to spray1mark's post. Most everyone I've heard from that owns that gun love it too. I would be thrilled to own a Red Wolf, they're sexy guns. I just can't justify spending $2400+$400 for the Red Wolf and programmer. I'm also leery of the electronics in the Red Wolf, that's just me. I like simple over complicated when it comes to air guns. For me it's just a question of diminishing returns with the Red Wolf, if they cost a lot less and came with the programmer, I'd own one. No question they're a beautiful and accurate air gun with great features, just too rich for my blood. My Crown is accurate, reliable, comfortable, sexy, easy to shoot well and does everything I want or need it to do and it was $1200 less. I love it!!!

As for the guns you asked about, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. They're all great, well made products and very accurate. I posted a picture of a 8 shot group I shot this morning from 45yds. with my .25 Crown. I know the Impact can shoot just as accurately and probably the Air Arms too. I'm sure many will chime in on the Impact, Crown and Galahad and speak to the pros and cons of each. I'd love to hear more on the Galahad myself. Good luck making your decision! Stoti

1535567808_19766566305b86e7c0eb77f6.03358444_New group.jpg

I have only shot a Galahad about 6 times, its my buddy's. I can tell you that it is solid, getting close to 120 good shots out of a single fill in.22 is nothing to sneeze at. Regulator seems to work well. Comes with the regulator, LDC, Picatinny rail, can be switched from right hand to left hand. While my friends is a synthetic, it seems heavy, but I am comparing to a Wildcat in .25.

All in all, I think that the package is a great deal, found one for $1,105 at Straight Shooters, no shipping, no tax.

While I have and shoot a Wildcat, I have no experience with a Crown or Impact, but I can tell you that the Wildcat is one hell of a gun, bullpup or no.

I have a new Crown in .25. It is a nail driver. Amazingly accurate. It is beautiful, truly lovely to handle and look at, It is not a field gun. I use mine in the back yard and from a bench. I love the adjustability. It is very easy to tune. I never charge the bottle above 235 bar. My regulator is set for 130 bar. I get 940 fps with the JSB 25.39 grain pellet and 75 shots per fill. If you want to carry in the field, the Impact has all the adjustability of the Crown, ease of field carry and ease of maintenance. Although the Crown is relatively quiet from the factory with the sliding shroud. It is not quiet enough for backyard use. Adding a moderator solves the sound issue easily, but adding the 300 gram weight of the moderator on the end of the 60 cm long Crown barrel will change the POI about 3 cm in 20 yds.

Boy, I wish they were the same price, both $1999 here in the USA. What is that price over there in the UK?

Well you must remember we have 20% VAT TAX on purchases here, the Crown Laminate retails for £1895GBP, The Redwolf laminate (not Rosso) retails for £1949 so practically nothing in it, however I have paid discounted prices of £1649GBP for the Crown Laminate and £1675GBP for the Redwolf laminate, £1590GBP for the Redwolf walnut.

I have also seen the Crown synthetic for £1249GBP here, GBP to dollar is currently £1.3 so you end up with $2500 on most of the above discounted to $2143 so still more expensive than the USA even though Sweden is in Europe (but all including 20% sales tax).

I think impact has some advantage which other haven't.

Trigger on Galahad is a bit loopy unlike impact and crown which is so important in hunting, shoot count is not that great and it is a loud gun, really loud.

In the other hand crown is a long gun and you will bump it's shroud which is not supported.

But I think Bobcat and S510 Ultimatesporter XS could be a good option if you don't want spend that much on a gun.