• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms 510 vs 500

PY-2497_Air-Arms-S510-Xtra_1495222809.jpg

...I remember reading somewhere that the Air Arms 500 rifles had design features that made them more durable than other rifles...

...something aboot keeping moisture and debris out of the gun...solid brass bits...

The fill valve is the same on most air Arms model. 

It has a screen in it to filter the air a bit when filling the rifle. Nothing special there.

I would get the xs xtra rifle, it's regulated And tot the best shot count. I did have the non regulated s500 xtra and you get 30-35 shot's, a XS gets double the amount.

I'm looking for a pcp to shoot with my 5 year old son in addition to a couple of springers and the 510 xs xtra ticks all the boxes except the safety. I really wish they would put it someplace other than the trigger..

It does not bother me at all.

You will salivate when you see one in person, lol!

Love mine.

It wouldn't bother me either if it was just for me to shoot but I want a safety that is easier for me see if it is engaged or not when I am standing next to him.

......well, I bought the used S510 XS carbine @ Baker's...it's gone now...youse had your chance, eh...

...I would have posted a few mug shots of the actual gun from the site but......it's gone now...

...I might have posted them elsewhere...I tried to sell this gun here before I bought it....too late...LoL...!!!... 

...they are in stock @ PA...EDIT @ 14:23 EST 10/11/20 : one left...!!!... .!. :D .!.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Air_Arms_S510_Xtra_FAC_PCP_Carbine/2497

PY-2497_Air-Arms-S510-Xtra_1557327898.jpg

...fair to middlin' in this case...

...new new ones are selling out...I guess no one wanted to take a chance on Baker's used one...

I looked at that gun, if it is the same one recently at Baker. Originally listed as an S510 XS Carbine - which would be the regulated version. But from general research it appeared to me that all of the XS series (regulated) guns specified "XS" in big white lettering on the block. This one did not, which led me to believe that it was a non-regulated gun. Later I noticed that Baker changed the title of the listing, removing the XS from the title.

Would matter to some, but not all whether it is regulated or not.

But to more directly answer your original post, my experience has been that my refurb "S510 XS Ultimate Sporter Xtra FAC, Black Soft Touch" (magazine gun) is an absolute tack driver and a joy to shoot. So much so that I then bought a refurb S500 believing that it would (could) be even more accurate and more fun to single load. Long story short, the S500 was a scatter gun which couldn't group worth a darn. Sent it back to the vendor with copies of back-to-back targets from the S510 and the S500 and they refunded my money without question. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes... less so. YMMV

The used guns I have purchased from Baker have always been exactly as described on their web page.

Reactions: Hapo