• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Archery target

So in the past I had to get creative with my targets because Airbolts just blew through my standard archery targets like they where made of butter even targets I used to shoot my 100 # longbows with 1000gr arrows,...Airbolt would just disappear and fly well past.

I used to put together thick foam then a pack full of old clothes and finally a ply in the back and used blunts so they would find it harder to penetrate and not get stuck in the ply when they hit it.

Anyway, a very nice member of this forum ,......That I still think he's absolutely crazy :ROFLMAO: sent me what is supposed to be a great archery target, the " Hurricane CAT 5 "
The member, that I cannot stop thanking for it is @Ezana4CE

So today if my neighbors leave I will test it with some AirBolts

View attachment 297799

View attachment 297800
My luck i would hit and cut one of the tie's for the bale ,maybe turn bail strings to top and bottom ?

My luck i would hit and cut one of the tie's for the bale ,maybe turn bail strings to top and bottom ?
Field points go around bale strings for the most part, even if hit dead center it will just split the strand with sometimes minimal damage,

Been using bales for over 2 decades and I used to shoot a lot of arrows......bales will decay well before you cut a string.

Haul a trailer to any construction site and ask to dig in the dumpsters!
You'd end up with some really good stuff! Thing about that is the Contractor has to pay to dump them.
The less dumping? Them more money saved! Very few will refuse you access for a simple reason!
We figure out how many dumpsters needed for a Site and that cost is in the final bid.
Example... I demoed a building where 30 dumpsters were in the price. I did the job in 19 dumpsters!
My Company split the savings with the Project Manager and I got a nice bonus.

For AirBolts I'm super happy with my filling a pack with a bunch of old clothes for stopping power, have some kind of foam in front to keep the arrow straigh, a sheet of Ply in the back to final stop of the arrow and use a blunt so it does not get stuck in the ply like a field point does,....works fantastic, cheap to make and extremely durable.