AIM Sports Alpha 6 Initial Impression

Hello All, after looking through reviews and recommendations for budget friendly optics in the forum and online, I decided to try the AIM Sports Alpha 6 after seeing how much YO continually praised it for it's price point and clarity. I only got to play with it for a short bit yesterday evening before it got dark (not mounted) but it does appear to be pretty much inline with what I've seen YO post about it.

The reticle is thin, which I prefer, at least as long as my eyes allow for it. It lights up extremely well and is clean. So far it seems like it will fit the bill for what I intend to do with it. I will get it mounted this weekend and provide some more feedback once tested.

For reference, I'm not experienced with a bunch of different scope brands, I tend to find things I like and stick with them for the most part. I don't own any European glass, have looked through plenty of them, but couldn't ever justify the cost for what I need them to do. I'm not a BR shooter or PRS shooter so I don't typically turn dials for the most part except when sighting in. I only currently own 2 brands of scopes, primarily all Leupold and a few Hawke scopes. If the Aim Sport Alpha works out, I'll be up to 3 brands. All my CF's sport Leupolds, Hawkes are all utilized on .22 RF's. The Aim Sport will be placed on my first pcp that I picked up a few weeks ago. It's currently been wearing my Hawke Frontier 5-30 LR Dot but the power and reticle don't work the way I'm wanting it to for need. Hopefully the Aim Sport will work out but as it is, everyone's eyes are different so we'll see!

i had the JSAR SCOPE sfp and ill say it was very nice thin reticle but sold it the side parallax was like turning a truck tire and called them about it but service was poopy they never called or emailed me back

Parallax is stiff that's the only way to get perfect picture at max 27x. If it was loose like a Leapers UTG or MTC VIPER PRO then it would be impossible to focus it perfectly clear at 27x.

Hello All, after looking through reviews and recommendations for budget friendly optics in the forum and online, I decided to try the AIM Sports Alpha 6 after seeing how much YO continually praised it for it's price point and clarity. I only got to play with it for a short bit yesterday evening before it got dark (not mounted) but it does appear to be pretty much inline with what I've seen YO post about it.

The reticle is thin, which I prefer, at least as long as my eyes allow for it. It lights up extremely well and is clean. So far it seems like it will fit the bill for what I intend to do with it. I will get it mounted this weekend and provide some more feedback once tested.

For reference, I'm not experienced with a bunch of different scope brands, I tend to find things I like and stick with them for the most part. I don't own any European glass, have looked through plenty of them, but couldn't ever justify the cost for what I need them to do. I'm not a BR shooter or PRS shooter so I don't typically turn dials for the most part except when sighting in. I only currently own 2 brands of scopes, primarily all Leupold and a few Hawke scopes. If the Aim Sport Alpha works out, I'll be up to 3 brands. All my CF's sport Leupolds, Hawkes are all utilized on .22 RF's. The Aim Sport will be placed on my first pcp that I picked up a few weeks ago. It's currently been wearing my Hawke Frontier 5-30 LR Dot but the power and reticle don't work the way I'm wanting it to for need. Hopefully the Aim Sport will work out but as it is, everyone's eyes are different so we'll see!

Welcome new member. 

Reactions: gurwery
YO,😂 you killin me, I need another scope like I need another x-wife,,,but 9 days you say till the new shipment is available, unless you like paying $295, I plan on about $200 to my door for the 4.5-27,,I am not a dialer/clicker so the turrets will be acceptable to me

if I like it, I will replace my older SWFA SFP 3x15-42 , stiff focus knob is fine with me, I get that dude in England to print a wheel up, to my design, my fav is Midas on my Kozak

my SWFA works fine but you know how old gizzers think,,I got to have a look see😵. I need to put my 2 Talos and extra Argos(keep the one on HW110) on the sale block, got more scopes than guns, and no $ to buy more guns,, but 4 guns should be enough---for me,,but not everyone else

I got 2 binocoulars,,sightron ED and Midas,, I like the midas better

Following YOs rec I purchased two of these for around $250 on a goto airsoft site using a coupon code they sent me. I missed the $200 deal at DVOR and didn't feel like waiting 2 months either. 

First impressions are pretty decent. Not as clear as my SWFA 3-15 but clearer than the Discovery or TacVector line of scopes. A little fuzzy once you get past 23X but still very usable in good light. Overall I am very pleased this can hang with scopes 2-3 times its cost. 

edit - One other thing I will say is that the eye relief is pretty consistent through the zoom range, unlike the Discovery or Vector where the eye relief very definitely shortens along with the zoom. 

I just ordered the Alpha 6 4.5 - 27 x 50 from the Sportsmen club. With my membership and state tax it shipped free for $264. I have a good selection of scopes from Big Nikko's to Sightron 111 10-60x56 and many in between. Still looking for that magic scope to use on 16x for HFT. My main reason in rangefinding but I really don't expect to find it any better than I already have on 16 power. Yo has really created a lot of interest on the Alpha 6. He sounds like he has a huge inventory of scopes plus a huge inventory of Top airguns. I'm thinking he must be a Saudi Prince or sits on the board of Aim Sports.😅 Anyway, 👍 I will be sharing my review in a couple weeks as well as looking forward to the reviews of others. 

Following YOs rec I purchased two of these for around $250 on a goto airsoft site using a coupon code they sent me. I missed the $200 deal at DVOR and didn't feel like waiting 2 months either. 

First impressions are pretty decent. Not as clear as my SWFA 3-15 but clearer than the Discovery or TacVector line of scopes. A little fuzzy once you get past 23X but still very usable in good light. Overall I am very pleased this can hang with scopes 2-3 times its cost. 

edit - One other thing I will say is that the eye relief is pretty consistent through the zoom range, unlike the Discovery or Vector where the eye relief very definitely shortens along with the zoom.

You got a bad one if it's not clear all the way to 27x. Or you haven't played with the eyepiece enough or side focus not adjusted perfect. I would send it back for an exchange because yours definitely sounds defective to me.

I just ordered the Alpha 6 4.5 - 27 x 50 from the Sportsmen club. With my membership and state tax it shipped free for $264. I have a good selection of scopes from Big Nikko's to Sightron 111 10-60x56 and many in between. Still looking for that magic scope to use on 16x for HFT. My main reason in rangefinding but I really don't expect to find it any better than I already have on 16 power. Yo has really created a lot of interest on the Alpha 6. He sounds like he has a huge inventory of scopes plus a huge inventory of Top airguns. I'm thinking he must be a Saudi Prince or sits on the board of Aim Sports.
1f605.svg
Anyway, 
1f44d.svg
I will be sharing my review in a couple weeks as well as looking forward to the reviews of others.

I had been really contemplating buying a lot of the $599 Japan BUSHNELL TAC 4.5-30x50 SFP Mildot 25 yd focus on sale at SWFA ($1300 retail and other vendors still selling them for $819-$999) they are the old Japan Elite 6500 Tacticals. I bought 12 of those and the first Alpha6 around that time. Hadn't really done a fair side by side until recently because I didn't think it would have been a fair comparison until I got my first March-F then decided to compare and then made a decision to go for the Alpha6 instead of the BUSHNELL TAC 4.5-30x50 SFP 25 yd focus. I had 10 of the front focus JAPAN TAC 5-15x40 AO Mildot compared too. I ordered 20 more of that one from SWFA for $299 sale and 80 more of the Alpha6. I have more than 100 guns that still need scopes and plan to swap out a lot of other Chinese scopes that aren't as clear as the Alpha6 that I paid double to 5x the cost.

People simply can't believe a $200 unknown brand would be as clear as this one is. I had mentioned on numerous occasions the Vector and Discovery HD are almost as clear but hadn't pushed those labels since they don't have lifetime warranties (except for their most expensive ones) and only 3 years for Discovery and 5 years for Vector.

My advice to the non believers who use other brands of Chinese made scopes is to never ever look through an Alpha6 then you will all be fine and content with what you paid significantly more for. Ignorance is bliss. Don't feel ripped off.

A quick update on the Alpha 6 2.5-15x50. Got it mounted this morning and started playing with it a little. For reference, I was previously using a "floater" scope that I use to play with all new rifles. The "floater" scope is a Hawke Frontier 5-30x56 with LR dot reticle that is 3 years old or so. I also pulled out a couple of my CF's with Leupolds as well as a couple of RF's with Hawkes to use as a reference as well just for comparison. I live in town so this update is for a quick reference and will be further tested when I have time to get out on the farms of our family friends where we do most of our hunting, pesting and varmint control. Also, please remember that this is what my eye sees and will likely differ for everyone to some degree.

Parameters are as follows, I was only shooting 20yds as that's all I feel comfortable shooting until I get my large pellet trap finished. When comparing the glass between the scopes, it was looking over my privacy fence out up to a couple hundred yards give or take a few.

Alpha 6 vs Hawke Frontier - brightness was very similar, colors were fairly similar, the Frontier seemed to be a little crisper but it is a considerably higher dollar scope.

Alpha 6 vs Hawke Vantage 4-12x50 RF Subsonic - the Alpha is brighter and crisper than this Hawke, that being said, I have no issues using this Hawke scope and still feel that it is one of the best scopes you can use on a .22 RF for hunting purposes and not have all the weight and unneeded bells and whistles.

Alpha 6 vs Hawke Sidewinder 8-32x56 SR Pro - to my eye, these are pretty much neck and neck. My Hawke does dim some on the higher mag ranges but I personally haven't ever seen a high mag scope that doesn't do this and that includes S&B, Nightforce, Kahles, March, etc. The guys I know that shoot a lot of long range always buy high mag scopes that go at least 7 mags higher than they actually want to shoot.

Alpha 6 vs Leupold VX's, one 4.5-14x40 VX3i and a 6.5-20x56 VX3-L - both the Leupolds beat the Alpha 6 in brightness, color and crispness for MY eyes. I feel they should though as they're considerably more expensive.

On the Alpha 6 - it was $235 shipped to my door. I agree with YO that it is a lot brighter, crisper and has better color/clarity than a lot of higher priced scopes that I've looked through and or tried when requested by fellow shooters wanting me to try their new scopes. If the Alpha 6 carries it's weight once put to field use I won't hesitate for a minute to purchase some more to keep around and possibly replace a couple of the older scopes I have. It is definitely the best low budget scope that I've shot. Focus works great, reticle is clean and fine (which I prefer), the reticle lights well even in bright sun (and I've seen several higher end scopes that don't light well at any time).

A couple things for folks that might be interested in this scope, (1) If you don't like fine reticles, don't buy the Alpha as I don't believe you will like it. (2) It is heavy, so if looking for a lightweight build, this one isn't it (mine weighed 1lb 15.9oz on the scales). (3) I'm not a turret spinner for the most part, my guns are set up to hunt, I shoot a lot of reactive targets and really only shoot paper for determining ammo. In my opinion, I've only seen higher end scopes really hold up well over time when spinning dials.

On another quick note, again, at only 20YDS, with the Frontier on the rifle (older model, parallax only goes down to 30yds, I could consistently shoot sub .09 5 shot groups, with the alpha 6 w/ lower parallax and a lot smaller dot in the middle, it is considerably easier. From what little testing I did this morning, shooting the JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy's @18.13gr that I normally shoot, I believe it will be easy to shoot .05 and less groups with the Alpha 6. Best group so far shooting the Hawke at 20yds is .0332". We're pretty windy and I've only tried groups up to 30yds with the rifle but it will pretty consistently shoot .4's and less with 10 shots. I'm currently hand pumping so I haven't done tons of testing and won't until my tank gets here and will hopefully have a compressor within the next month or so.

Sorry so long winded on a "quick update". Chad