• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Aim small, miss small

😅when I got my p17....
Was playing with it and shot a walmart bag with trash in it to stop the pellet....that had my seat cover in it....i forgot one was still in there🤣
Did you learn anything from that? They say "Experience is the best teacher", but that's not true. BAD experience is a much better teacher! And PAINFUL experience IS the BEST teacher of all. How do I know?

Let's just say I'm thankful that in my 60+ years of shooting anything and everything that launches any kind of projectile the only (two) times I've shot myself have been with airguns of less than 3 foot-pounds.😲😵‍💫🤬

The only more poignantly painful learning experiences for me have been two (ex) wives.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Did you learn anything from that? They say "Experience is the best teacher", but that's not true. BAD experience is a much better teacher! And PAINFUL experience IS the BEST teacher of all. How do I know?

Let's just say I'm thankful that in my 60+ years of shooting anything and everything that launches any kind of projectile the only (two) times I've shot myself have been with airguns of less than 3 foot-pounds.😲😵‍💫🤬

The only more poignantly painful learning experiences for me have been two (ex) wives.🤣
I'm always learning. Be it the right way or the hard way🥴
My 1st ex wife was a blessing....once she left🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Smitty911
I'm glad you posted this Scott. Another shooter and I, both of us new to shooting with scopes and experienced iron sight shooters, were wondering about this at last weekend's match. So, based on what you're saying, with a scope you focus your eyes on the target rather than the cross hairs? Opposite of shooting with iron sights, where you focus on the front sight and let the rear sight and target sort of blur out.
Scotton, You just proved your HW97 can group. On the second group you apparently verified what you already knew. You can't hit what you are aiming at! However, with a springer at 50 yards you came close enough to knock the 50 yard field targets down I would suspect at least 50% of the time which isn't shabby from that distance with a springer. (y)