Ah, are these baby rattlers?

Pretty dang sure they are. Odd thing is I grabbed the biggest gardener I ever saw out of the den also and let it go. Gas in the holes to push any remainders out. 

E87052F1-69DE-48A4-AC5F-487C6F3285D3.1623686319.jpeg
F3746D2A-3330-4D43-9149-890518A03154.1623686320.jpeg

What happened was neighbor girl's son said that a rattler hissed at him when he almost ran it over with his bike. 
I went over & popped one with a Marauder and ripped it in half. Another fellow popped another with a 12gauge. 
I then poured a little gas in the holes and the garden snake came out. I grabbed & released him.

I didn't get to see any of their heads other than that enormous garden snake. 

Those are not rattlers. I work for a non profit rattlesnake removal and reptile rescue and even tho we don't have wild Eastern rattlesnakes Ive come across most of them through people who have had them as pets and either get bit or the snake got loose and they lacked the ability to recapture them. Without the heads it's almost impossible to identify because local non venomous snakes often mimic the poisonous ones. However I can presume with a high degree of certainty that those are copperhead snakes. If they were all together it's likely that they are the same family and copperheads have many different patterns. Look at these snakes. They are all copperheads. That one at the top matches pretty closely with one of these pics. I generally don't kill snakes because they are cool and generally leave people alone but if kids play there and you don't have the skills to remove them safely a pellet to the head isn't a bad solution. Besides it's not like they are endangered. Copperheads are freaking all over your area. We have alot of rattlesnakes here. I never kill them because they are valuable rat and mice killers but I would totally kill one if I couldn't catch it and kids played close by. Anyway I'm maybe 75 percent sure those are copperheads which will in fact ruin your day if you got bit so well done. 

I'm actually not afraid of snakes in general but they're at my neighbors driveway and he is utterly terrified by any. 
When I grabbed the garden snake they were freaking out. 
I don't see any rattles on the one I popped &ripped in 1/2 trying to get it out. The bigger messier one got hit by one of his workers 12.

The daughter said it was hissing and coiled to strike. I asked the one guy if he thinks it's a Copper. He said he thought a Copper would have red in it. 
Yeah I personally want non venomous ones around to eat Field mice. 
Hopefully the gas fumes just drive the rest away.

I know the spear head & slit eye pupil is definitely a Copper or Rattlers & yeah with about 10 kids playing right around there I'm worried. 
The Copperheads are supposed to be out in force due to the cicadas. 
Another neighbor killed a Rattler with a squirrel in the stomach and a almost 9' one is stuffed at other neighbors house.

Blue Mountain ski area has a protected den not far from here so they're definitely around. Hopefully no one gets bit & I'll leave them alone, make sure that everyone's kids do the same. Thank you fellas 

Nix copperhead. Copperhead bands are hourglass shape and I've never seen one over 3 feet long. Yeah, ones a milk snake. They're mellow/ You can hold those. hard to tell, I think the other is an eastern garter snake. We have two kinds of garter snake in PA. The shorthead garter snake has brown and cream colored stripes.It' obviously not that one. I wouldn't kill either of those.

Copperheads are mostly nocturnal. But I've seen them out in daylight many times.

Copperheads and rattlesnakes are actually protected in they're wild habitat in PA.

Hard to tell, I think the other is an eastern garter snake.

I was on my phone & didn't even notice there were two snake tails in the picture. 

If you're referring to the one on the left as a possible Eastern Garter I think that can be ruled out by the slight view of the belly scales. But I agree, not easy to tell.

I don't see anything to rule out another Eastern Milk on the left but it's not as obviously a milk snake as the one on the right - at least on this old phone.

I'll try to remember to look on my laptop tomorrow & see if I can pick up any more detail. 

Yeah, After looking at the pattern on the end of the tail I think we're looking at the belly side of another milksnake. Harmless. You can pet milksnakes.

Cool rattlesnake. It gets IT'S share of prairie dogs.

In PA our rattlesnakes (Timber rattlesnake) needs high elevation. They need rocky mountainous areas to live. Exception is the rare pygmy rattlesnake.

Weirdest snake I ever saw is a hog nose snake. Small but stout it made me think of a pit viper at first glance. It was right at my feet. I tried to catch it and it went to it's back and started vomiting and writhing. Lol! I decided not to pick it up. Stink! Then it played possum.

Another interesting snake is the tiny ringneck snake. And man, they can stink too. Pick one up and then your hands can smell real bad. Not always though. Most people don't know they are actually venomous. Fangs are way back in they're mouth where they can't get you. And I don't think it's very potent to humans.