AGT VULCAN 3 (Full Review) .30 cal Unchoked Slug Shooter

Good info. Makes me wonder if all the Vulcan 3s or just the 700mm have the plenum in large position. I planned on leaving mine in the small plenum as I only plan on shooting at 33fpe but if it is already swapped I might leave it and have it at low reg pressure.

From what I read all the guns come with the reg/plenum on the lower side, Tony is reversing them prior to sale.

I am surprised to see I am the first person questioning the length of the 700mm. To me at 1 meter / 40 " this is no longer a bullpup. Kinda silly long IMO.

I thought that was the plan but see they mentioned all going to Tony are switched which you see. 

As to the long bullpup I agree...had a R5 Super Long .30 before which was 38". Too big for me. But if needing the power it's still nicer than a rifle with that length barrel.

In his older videos he said he had to drive a good distance to shoot long range on his family's land.

Edit: I just read the video comments where he said he only made $200 and had two days to review and edit. He said he usually gets $1000 for a full review and takes a full week to produce the video. He also said that he retired from his last job making $100 per hour. He must have saved a lot to retire so young.

I thought the whole reason for getting a slug gun is to get to a 100 yd and beyond more accurately than a pellet ? Am I wrong in assuming that most guns beyond a $1000 mark should have exceptional 50 yd accuracy? 

This review doesn't tell us anything new nor does it reassure us that it is a 100 yd slug throwing laser. This review tells us that this Airgun even though it has a couple neat features shoots like any other air gun.

I think you are right. Slugs don't make much sense less than 75yds unless you live in an area with crazy winds always. Most guns I believe should shoot great at 50yds as well. 

I understand people want to see 100yds but have to also realize it's one gun with one barrel with one guy shooting it at one setting. Every barrel will likely shoot differently. Even if he shot this gun out to 100yds and was just stacking them sub dime size groups doesn't mean if you buy the same model it'll do exactly that. Nor if it shoots terribly at 100yds doesn't mean that they all would or that it wasn't tuned to it's best for that projectile. I guess what I'm getting at is I would never see a review on a gun shooting at 50yds vs 100yds and think that review is trash. I've never bought a gun based on 100yd groups ever. I watch review to get the info on the gun, the technical specs or just it's features. Any accuracy groups while nice isn't guaranteed. Most high end gun companies like AGN Technology, Kalibrgun, Edgun, Taipan, AAA, FX, Daystate, Brocock etc have guns and barrels capable of great accuracy. It's just a matter of what that gun likes exactly projectile wise and tune wise. 

He didn't have the opportunity to shoot it much or even try that many different projectiles through it which even at 50yds did very very well with slugs. That usually takes lots of tuning and trying quite a few different slugs to get them shooting good even at 50yds. So that to me was a good sign of very good potential. 

I cobbled up a shooting bench today from pallet wood so hopefully I'll have some 100yd groups this weekend. It's wider on the right so a right hander can shoot from that side too. I'm not the steadiest now but I'll do my best.

Shooting Bench.1644879406.jpg

I don't disagree with your comments, however based on that there is no reason to really watch any reviews ever.

Most of the well known reviewers now do 100 yard test it has become a standard with modern PCP's. 

It is an indication of accuracy that can be attained and most likely would be attained if you purchased that AG. There are many variables but most of them are pretty consistent now days.

It is especially important if you are considering a 30 cal non choked barrel as it seems that this would be geared toward long distance and slugs.

I did not appreciate his answer that no one paid him enough to do it and if he usually gets paid $1000 I might question his objectivity.

It is just my opinion, But not a fan of his reviews.

That is true not everyone has the patience like Steve does to find out what works and does not work. Nate does more of a unveiling of the product, unboxing, reading the information in the brochures and does some basic shooting to show it does cycle and shoot. The two extremes of gun reviews. With Steve he goes so in depth that he can only do so any reviews every year. It maybe a year or longer before he can do a review on the Vulcan that is if it is even on the list. 

And it is funny how money is always the reason why nate did not do something. Whether shooter 1721 gets paid or not, I don't remember him ever saying it because he does not get paid enough. 

Reactions: Redtick12
Everyone is free to shoot whatever distance they choose and watch or not whatever videos. Feedback is fair but we can't complain about a service we didn't pay for. Couldn't Nate say that he's really disappointed in each of those who complained for not obtaining the gun and doing whatever he wanted to see you do with it? Why should a man put in the work without benefiting from it? He doesn't owe us anything.

I'm only sharing my opinion same as everyone else. No anger just food for thought.

Maybe all yall whining about not getting to see the V3 @ 100 can start a go fund me to raise the funds to get the video yall want produced !! Ya'll act like you a wrote the man a check and gave him instructions on what you wanted. I challenge any of you to put together a video like this for free... Come up with a paycheck, send it to Nate and get what YOU pay for. If not, then gripe.

Reactions: heavy-impact
I'm shooting the 700mm V3 .30 54.5gr NSA slugs at 950fps

I gave it a go at measured 100yds today but I had heavy gusts of wind. Out of the box this gun shot pellets pretty fast but it turns out Airgun Technology screwed us with the barrel they installed on the .30 cal. It's not the CZ barrel they advertised and it's WAY oversize measuring .3064. The industry standard for .30 airguns is .300 so lots of pressure is lost around a .300 slug in this gun. I was shooting NSA 54.5gn and had to tighten the hammer spring by 2.5 turns to get 950 fps. This is maximum power on an unmodified gun because I felt coil bind on the hammer spring while cocking. Any more tension would've prevented the gun from cocking. NSA 61.5gn is the heaviest that will fit my magazines. I shot from the Atlas bipod with a rear bag. One of my sons was shooting the Gauntlet 2 from a lead sled beside me since he didn't have any other rest. The first set of 3 inch targets was the best I could do in the heavy winds. The single target was my best group late in the day after most of the wind died down.
109fpe is disappointing to me since my modified Impact made 132fpe. I also need to mill the magazines since I have a lot of NSA 65.5gr on hand.
I'll be changing this worthless barrel to a TJ's .294/.300 soon to make this gun what Airgun Technology claimed it would be... a slug shooter.

T3 - Copy.1645403337.jpg
T2 - Copy.1645403337.jpg
T1 - Copy.1645403336.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the whole reason for getting a slug gun is to get to a 100 yd and beyond more accurately than a pellet ? Am I wrong in assuming that most guns beyond a $1000 mark should have exceptional 50 yd accuracy? 

This review doesn't tell us anything new nor does it reassure us that it is a 100 yd slug throwing laser. This review tells us that this Airgun even though it has a couple neat features shoots like any other air gun.

Selling chyna clone Benchmade auto knifes makes up any differences.

Under cutting Made in America for dime store profits is lame.

I have no respect for the antiamerican clown