AGT VULCAN 3 (Full Review) .30 cal Unchoked Slug Shooter

20220209_200211.1644699361.jpg

Hey guys. Here is my review of the ZAN shooting Airgun Technology VULCAN 3. Thanks for watching! -Nate

https://youtu.be/8CoUhE-t6Bk

Mentioned at 4:00 of stock available in polymer or walnut. Talon Tunes only offers choice of barrel length and caliber. Any further information available on polymer stock as an option? Thanks, WM

Krale told me around the first of this month so maybe soon. Tony should know at Talon Tunes since he's the exclusive US dealer now.

WM,

Yeah I don't really understand it either. I watched the press release video on the Vulcan 3 done by Airgun Technology and they mentioned the polymer stock there. But that was a few months back and still nothing. Now Tony saying theres not a plan for them makes me wonder if they canned the idea. I was going to wait for one too but if it's not happening then decided to get a wood one as I think the gun is going to be a great gun.

I'd like to point out one mistake Nate made and that is the threaded plug you see exposed at the top rear of the action is not access to power adjustment. The stock must be removed and then loosen a grub screw under the hammer spring adjuster which is below the plug Nate showed and inline with the plenum. The stock is super simple to remove and the hammer and trigger are easy to adjust. It's just not as nice as having external adjustments.

That top threaded plug is inline with the pellet probe.

The manual that comes with these guns is terrible.

There is a parts diagram that spans two pages, one on the front and one on the back of that page with 127 numbered parts but only 60 are listed and named in the reference.

There are no instructions for trigger or hammer adjustment. The only instructions are how to remove the stock, shroud, how to degas and how to swap the cocking lever to the other side.

I emailed Airgun Technology requesting the full list of 127 parts in the diagram but my request was ignored. The following is AT's response...

According to the serial number of your air rifles,

we understood you bought a gun from Talon Tunes.

I should notify you that rifles Vulcan 3 have been supplied to Talon Tunes with the power plenum switched to its large volume already.

It is mentioned in the user's manual for Vulcan 3 that

Individual functional parts of the weapon have been set for optimum functionality in our manufacturing

plant.

Thereby, if you are interested in the non-standard air rifle settings,

I suggest you contact Mr. Anthony (Talon Tunes),

or Mr. Derrick Wall from AGN Technology Service Center.

I am sure they will be happy to assist you with adjusting the airgun.

Have a nice weekend.

Good info. Makes me wonder if all the Vulcan 3s or just the 700mm have the plenum in large position. I planned on leaving mine in the small plenum as I only plan on shooting at 33fpe but if it is already swapped I might leave it and have it at low reg pressure.

From what I read all the guns come with the reg/plenum on the lower side, Tony is reversing them prior to sale.

I am surprised to see I am the first person questioning the length of the 700mm. To me at 1 meter / 40 " this is no longer a bullpup. Kinda silly long IMO.

From what I read all the guns come with the reg/plenum on the lower side, Tony is reversing them prior to sale.I am surprised to see I am the first person questioning the length of the 700mm. To me at 1 meter / 40 " this is no longer a bullpup. Kinda silly long IMO.

You must have missed the email from AT themselves saying...

I should notify you that rifles Vulcan 3 have been supplied to Talon Tunes with the power plenum switched to its large volume already.

From what I read all the guns come with the reg/plenum on the lower side, Tony is reversing them prior to sale.I am surprised to see I am the first person questioning the length of the 700mm. To me at 1 meter / 40 " this is no longer a bullpup. Kinda silly long IMO.

You must have missed the email from AT themselves saying...

yes sir - I clearly did - thought he was doing the flipping.