• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AGT VULCAN 3 at 100 yards

I bought my vulcan 3 700 in cal .30 about 2 weeks ago and i am really impressed about the accuracy at 100 meters, which is 110 yards. I tested the NSA slugs in 47 grain in .300 and .303 and the ZAN in 54 grain slugs. The gun does out off the box 950 fps with the 54 grain ZAN's and is super accurate and immediately nearly as good as my match gun,the DZ Sinner in cal .223. The NSA's are less accurate. What I don't know is the barrel that is inside. Krale says it is a Alfa Precision barrel, but i doubt about that because off the sanctions with Russia. The NSA in 303 cocks already difficult so i think the barrel is not .306 but .300.

Grtz. Bert928GT

I understand the wooden stock issue in your environment, I would prefer a wooden stock for a bench gun but not in the field. Just seemed to me there have been a lot of folks unloading their new V3's.
Same here 62.5 grain AVS and 50 yard ear shots on pigs all day. Ping is annoying though. U might have a bad gun. Talon tunes dialed me in. Cup base run 930s and flat base run 950s so that counters what you are saying.

U got a lemon dude. Only AVS slug options suck but man does this 30 cal ****. C zone torso steel all day at 300. Head shot steel all day at at least 100
Sorry and ear shots at 30 to 100 ish on pigs with tripod. Sorry your struggling too expensive for this. Depinger and wider diameter shroud should be stock. Is it hard to install depinger?

My wife will be selling mine right after my funeral....love 💘 my V3.
V3 is best out of box rifle I have owned this far. Makes my griffin.249 shooting condor look like a POS lol. I do wish they made a wider magazine for more ogive or boat tails etc. but yeah I hit 300 torso steel at 300 with wind and major holdover. Amazing for such short length bullets

Among my air rifles of many makers, I have three that are doubtless top:

- Vulcan 3

- Daystate Wolverines

- FX Panthera Compact

I own many other that are very good ones, but the above mentioned are top.

Red Wolf and Delta Wolf are perfect, but in my mind are in other category and, currently, I need to use more the Delta to get confident that I control it properly. That step is already completed with the Red Wolf.

Among my air rifles of many makers, I have three that are doubtless top:

- Vulcan 3

- Daystate Wolverines

- FX Panthera Compact

I own many other that are very good ones, but the above mentioned are top.

Red Wolf and Delta Wolf are perfect, but in my mind are in other category and, currently, I need to use more the Delta to get confident that I control it properly. That step is already completed with the Red Wolf.
Love the Vulcan 3 30 cal with avs 62.5 grain but a 30 cal should have a bigger mag well for what my second favorite which believe it or not is condor with 59.3 grain.249 caliber boat tails that have better bc and penetration. Oh longer range too. How deep are your magazines in your panthera and delta/red wolf in contrast to skinny Vulcan 3? I'm slug only btw let us not waste time lol. Hardcore predator hunting

That's disappointing to learn. Accuracy, build quality and not having to tune out of the box are qualities that draw me to AGT. I really have enjoyed my Uragan Compact. At some point in the future I would like to have a long range rifle, thought the Vulcan 3 long might be it. Appreciate the information and hope you get yours to where it should be without too much work or additional expense.
Dude all pcps are ammo picky run .30063 AVS and you are set. Hit 300yds torso steel all day wind or no wind. Only downside is mag depth. Can't run boat tail ammo. My condor shoots long griffin .249 elr solid boat tail ammo lights out!!! Still my go to for coyotes. Double lung punch every time and yes with the choked barrel it's nuts

Dude all pcps are ammo picky run .30063 AVS and you are set. Hit 300yds torso steel all day wind or no wind. Only downside is mag depth. Can't run boat tail ammo. My condor shoots long griffin .249 elr solid boat tail ammo lights out!!! Still my go to for coyotes. Double lung punch every time and yes with the choked barrel it's nuts
Oh forgot 62.5 cup base or 61 flat base and a experimental solid flat point 63 grain, AVS thought it wasn't going to stabilize but it does great and on a perfect shot I can double lung with those too. AVS works with you and knows what you're gun likes. Same with Griffin both are solid gold and screw casting slugs anyway. Swaged hollow points or solids are the best