• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

AGT VULCAN 3 at 100 yards

Squirrel_getter,

I'm 100% with you on this one. While a dedicated pellet shooter with my other PCPs, the Vulcan 3 (.30 700mm) will be my slugger. I'll have to agree, the wood stock is a real work of art, however, for busting through these Florida thickets, only a synthetic, will do. Krales told me that AGN is working on a synthetic version now, but might take two, or more, months. That's OK as I have to save a little more to afford it anyway. WM 

How is it having the magazine in the back near your ears, I can't have that with having tinnitus I have to have all my rifles with the complete action in front of me like the Crown

Mine was loud, at the shot it sounded like a baseball being hit with an aluminum bat. 

Sounds like that gun could benefit from installing a depinger. That’s actually a great way to describe the sound of some of these bullpups though. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-05 at 9.33.52 PM.1646561503.jpeg

5 shot at 57 yard with vulcan 3 700mm. 18 gr

----

edit distance is 50 yard. 

I got my new v3 .22 with cleaned barrel filled with air on Friday night shot a few shots through through the chrony and it came in at 717fps with 26g slugs and 29.7FT Lbs, so I started work on it with excellent guidance from my very good pal, i adjusted the hammer spring and got it up to 956fps and 51 t lbs so I measured what the reg was doing and this was set at close to 100bar so stripped it out and adjusted it then re checked and was around 135bar then went on to re adjust the hammer spring and ended up with 1037fps and 62FT Lbs unfortunately due to crap weather I haven’t tried to set some groups yet but will soon…

oh and thanks you know who you are 

I got my new v3 .22 with cleaned barrel filled with air on Friday night shot a few shots through through the chrony and it came in at 717fps with 26g slugs and 29.7FT Lbs, so I started work on it with excellent guidance from my very good pal, i adjusted the hammer spring and got it up to 956fps and 51 t lbs so I measured what the reg was doing and this was set at close to 100bar so stripped it out and adjusted it then re checked and was around 135bar then went on to re adjust the hammer spring and ended up with 1037fps and 62FT Lbs unfortunately due to crap weather I haven’t tried to set some groups yet but will soon…

oh and thanks you know who you are

I'd like to add that the V3 is capable of big power in .22 and .25 but the valve and porting are too small for .30 to do the same. The design will stop most people from modifying it because the wall between the transfer port and valve seat is thin.

I've done a few things to my .22 V3 700mm. I am at 69 FPE with 34gr slugs at 955 fps. These slugs do fit in the magazine 😄 It has a bit more power to give but I’m really pleased with MOA results to 140 yards which is the furthest distance I’ve currently shot it.

What mods have you done?

I'm doing major work on mine at the moment.