AGT VULCAN 3 at 100 yards

Got my V3 yesterday just before dark. Brown Santa got here just in time for me to mount a scope and head to the back porch.

I didn't clean the barrel, shot 3 shots at 55 yds to find POI/POA, made a quick adjustment on turrets and turned to the 100yd target. .22 FX 18gr. Winds 90 degrees right to left 7 to 13mph. Closer to 7mph during this session. Here are the quick results. Only 2 mags thru the gun total so far, 12 shots at 100yds. 9 in the group to the left and 3 in the group on the right. Two groups due to wind dropping off during the 3 shots. Not bad for a .22, straight out of the box!

20220221_180515.1645588822.jpg
20220221_180813.1645588871.jpg
20220221_181032.1645588920.jpg

Nice I figured it looked like the 700mm. What speeds is it throwing those 18gr at?

984 fps presently. With a std. Deviation of 2.1 over a 12 shot string, and spread of only 7fps. 

My .22 Uragan has a std dev (SD) of only 1.0 with 18gr and 16gr. Over a 20 shot string. AGT has a great product imo!

How is it having the magazine in the back near your ears, I can't have that with having tinnitus I have to have all my rifles with the complete action in front of me like the Crown

I too suffer from the proverbial "ringing", 24/7. I really don't notice any problem with my bullpups. The hammer strike on some bullpups might be noticeable, but does not really seem to be any different than my long airguns. Hope that answers your question?

20220223_201932.1645674032.jpg

My best estimate....have not done it yet, but did inspect just today while cleaning the barrel.

Take the stock off.

(Picture is of gun with stock off and upside down.)

The brass grub screw shown in the top of the photo "locks" the threaded black cap screw. (Hex insert)

Loosen the brass grub screw, probably do not need to remove.

Then turn the black cap using hex driver to adjust the spring tension.

This is my assumption, as I have not performed this adjustment yet.

For the really good (accurate) scoop contact Derrick Wall AGT USA service center. ZX10WALL here on the AGN forum.

I recently ordered a 30 cal AGT Vulcan 3-700 from Tony at Talon Tunes. I am topping it with the Element Helix 6x24x50 FFP scope. It will be ready to shoot when taken out of the box. Tony will reverse the plenum, mount the scope, tweak the regulator, & sight it in at 30 yards. He is setting it up to shoot Zan 59 gr HP slugs at 920 fps.

I should have the Vulcan in about a week.

I intend to take a deer, next year. There are ample hogs & yotes on my property. Also there is no shortage of hogs or hog permissions around here.

Lots of changes were made from the previous Vulcan 2 version. The biggest change is the ability to reverse the plenum to offer very high power. So, I have a question for those who stay up on these type things. Is this an innovative change by AGT or do other manufacturers offer this feature? I never heard of it.

There are very few YouTube videos of the AGT Vulcan 3 on the internet at this time.

There were other changes such as the stock has been redesigned so that the butt plate is a few millimeters higher in relation to the cheek piece and a sloping Picantinny rail at the top, to improve shots from long range shots.

It has a degassing screw located on the bottom of the forearm, the magazines are interchangeable with other AGT models of the same caliber.

The built in sound moderator has been drastically remodeled and improved by expanding its diameter by 38 cm compared to 32 cm on the Vulcan 2. If desired an external moderator could always be added. It is considerably more efficient in suppressing sound. It's constructed within a single outer piece with the moderator's body installed inside and features a slightly more intricate outer design that features on all variants of this model. So it was completely redesigned.

The Anschutz lower rail has been replaced by a Waver/Picatinny rail to better accommodate the bipods being utilized.

The 700 mm barrel carbine is available in caliber 4.5 mm (.177) and 5.5 mm (.22), reaches a length of 996 mm and a weight of 3.8 kg Its carbon fiber bottle, with a dimension of 580 mm, can store 715 cm3 of air. The Vulcan 3 is available in 500mm, & 700mm. These improvements in the reservoirs of the carbines provide a greater number of shots per bottle. So The overall air capacity is greatly improved with this generation of the Vulcan. The longer 700 mm barrel version holds 580 cubic centimeters in the bottle and 700 cubic centimeters overall. The larger amount of air more than doubles the number of shots across the board for all versions and calibers compared to their predecessors.

The 30 cal AGT Vulcan 3 in the 700mm barrel is exclusively an unchoked slug dedicated barrel designed to shoot slugs with extreme accuracy. The AGT Vulcan 3 is available in all 4 calibers (.177/.22/.25/.30). All those except for the 30 cal-700 are choked barrels that are designed to shoot pellets but will shoot slugs. Tony told me the AGT Vulcan 3 30-700 model shoots the 30 cal JSB Exact 44.75 gr slugs with the same tune out to 75 yards with good accuracy. If shooting beyond that range then slugs are the go to ammo in any caliber. They have a much higher B.C. and thus are more accurate and stand up to windy conditions better. The AGT Vulcan 3 is thus very versatile. The most impressive feature (to me) is the ability to easily reverse the plenum and thus making the gun more versatile.

Another significant improvement of this generation is the redesign of the monoblock which now consists of a single solid piece providing both higher rigidity and easier maintenance. The regular pressure can also be changed if desired.

So the two rounds mentioned are the ones I will be shooting. I may experiment with others but it is hard to argue with a 0.125 B.C. slug that shoots with extreme accuracy.

From what I have read the short & long distance accuracy is superb, specifically with the Zan 59 gr HP slugs. Per an email I got from Zan, the B.C. on the Zan 59 gr slug is 0.125. Whow!

AGT has listened & responded in a big way. The aforementioned changes were drastic resulting in a much improved gun from the previous versions.

Whew I am glad I waited on pulling the proverbial trigger on getting a dedicated 30 cal slug gun.