• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AGT VULCAN 3 at 100 yards

@zx10wall - Thanks, Derrick. That's unfortunate, but hopefully in the future they'll offer replacements/spares, or perhaps 3rd party choices. I was planning on a Uragan, but these days the V3 is looking more tempting.

Are the bottles a common thread, so you can already buy aftermarket?

Uragan bottles are skinny so you can't replace them with common 61mmOD bottles. The thread is M12x1 male on AT bottles so their guns with more space like the Vulcan can use aftermarket bottles with a M18x1.5male to M12x1male adapter. Anyone with a lathe can crank them out including any local machine shop. Just don't say gun in any form at the machine shop. You're buying a simple pneumatic fitting.

I've done a few things to my .22 V3 700mm. I am at 69 FPE with 34gr slugs at 955 fps. These slugs do fit in the magazine
1f604.svg
It has a bit more power to give but I’m really pleased with MOA results to 140 yards which is the furthest distance I’ve currently shot it.

What mods have you done?

I'm doing major work on mine at the moment.

Optimized air flow by opening the valve’s spring adjuster, ported and radiused the barrel’s transfer port. Upped reg setting to 158 bar.

@TN_Yankee, No, you cannot buy barrels nor bottles for AGN products.

why is it that you cannot buy parts for the guns? not that ill own one but just curios

Hello Doug, I didn't say you cannot buy parts. Parts are available. Specifically though, AGN Technology (Airgun Technology) which is also referred to as AGT, will not sell barrels or bottles. I can speculate why but that is their decision which I am passing along. My opinion is that they do not want their barrels or bottles used on another platform. 

Got in .22 Zan 40gr .217. They are a hair too long for the mags. I shaved .5mm from the magazine’s plate and used 4 washers, 1 at each corner to space the plate properly. They fit now 👊🏼

I’m hoping they are accurate and I do suspect they will be. Tuned the gun tonight, setting reg at 170 bar. Here is a mag over the chrony:

Created: 03/07/22 09:24 PM
Description: .22 Vulcan 3
Notes 1: 
Notes 2: 
Distance to Chrono(FT): 1.00
Ballistic Coefficient: 0.118
Bullet Weight(gr): 40.00
Temp: N/A °F
BP: N/A inHg
Altitude: 120.00
# FPS FT-LBS PF
12 942 78.83 37.68 
11 946 79.50 37.84 
10 946 79.50 37.84 
9 945 79.33 37.80 
8 941 78.66 37.64 
7 943 78.99 37.72 
6 948 79.83 37.92 
5 946 79.50 37.84 
4 941 78.66 37.64 
3 940 78.49 37.60 
2 942 78.83 37.68 
1 940 78.49 37.60 
Average: 943.3 FPS
SD: 2.7 FPS
Min: 940 FPS
Max: 948 FPS
Spread: 8 FPS
Shot/sec: 0.0
True MV: 944 FPS

I've done a few things to my .22 V3 700mm. I am at 69 FPE with 34gr slugs at 955 fps. These slugs do fit in the magazine
1f604.svg
It has a bit more power to give but I’m really pleased with MOA results to 140 yards which is the furthest distance I’ve currently shot it. 

5F45C397-E65B-4FC5-8A0C-DAD1A286D3DD.1646665947.jpeg

Zx10wall,

Which one is the better gun out of the box? V3 700mm in .22 or Kalibrgun Tac 60 in .22. Looking to shoot pellets and slugs.

Thanks

@heavy-impact madness is the method 👊🏼
I’ve tuned many many times without testers. Experience will guide you to recognize when a well tuned PCP drops below reg pressure and at what pressure that is.

With that said, tuning with a reg tester is so much more convenient. I have testers for Kalibrgun, AGT & Huma regs. I also have several regs for AGT platforms with known set points to pop in if desired. 

I’ll break away from from FunGun’s post here and create another once I get these settings tested for accuracy. 

Beautiful grain on that rifle. I bet the grain will pop even more (as well as darken the stock a little, giving it a deeper stain look) with Watco Danish oil. Mine wasn't so lucky. The wood is beautiful, but no grains like your gun. I bought the last one from Tony, so I guess he couldn't send me one with more grains on it lol. But I bet the Watco Danish oil would bring some out. Congrats!!!

I have seen several AGT Vulcan 3's for sale in the Classifieds and I can't help but wonder if folks are unhappy with them?

The two main problems are the barrel being oversize for standard slugs and the large plenum volume directly in front of the valve causes ping. You lose power and accuracy with flat base slugs because a good bit of air passes the slug inside the barrel. The long V3 is marketed as a "dedicated slug gun" because they are chokeless but the groove diameter is so oversize that only a pellet skirt can seal it. The manufacturer gives zero Fs and tells you to talk to the person you bought it from if you have any questions or concerns.

I like my .30 cal and it's really well built so I'll rebarrel it, modify the valve and a couple other parts for more power then put a depinger in the plenum. The platform has lots of potential if you're willing to work on it. I'm sure some people love theirs as is so great for them but I expect more.

I enjoyed mine and was one of the most accurate PCPs I've owned. Shot really well. Ping was definitely a thing but not horrible. Mainly for me the walnut stock was too nice for me to want to shoot it on the farm. Also no lightweight. I was used to a very compact and lighter weight gun (Taipan Veteran Shorty) for a long time and went to that after and realized not for me. Fantastic shooter though just stupid accurate.