• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AGT Vulcan 3 .22 trade deal

Hi all,

Im in the process of discussing a trade with a guy. Im considering trading my Fx crown .25 for his AGT vulcan 3.22 700mm that is practically brand new. Ive been doing research on the rifle and cant find a lot of information on the .22 700mm version. I know it has an unchocked barrel and should shoot slugs good. Is this true? Id love to hear some feed back and opinions on the rifle before i do the trade. Id love to be able to shoot slugs. How is the tune-abilty of the rifle? Or does it really need to be tuned at all for slugs? is it more of finding what slugs it likes best?

If anyone has one of these rifles, id love your opinion and what ammo yours shoots best. Thank you!!

Wow, you have a nice base for the slug platform . Consider a slug liner for the Crown unless you just want another gun.

Ive tried slugs with my crown and couldnt get the power to shoot them fast enough. Believe me ive tried LOL

I would send Newman an email @ 910 tuning. Curious to what your reg pressure is set at.
Screenshot_20220516-212459_Chrome.1652750957.jpg

I just got a .30 cal V3/700 in a trade. Can't speak to the .22 cal version, but on the second day of shooting it this morning it was one holing with NSA 43.8's at 50 yards. And it seems to have way more power on tap as compared to my Crown Mk2 .30 cal.

Maybe totally non-comparable to the .22 version, but so far I like the V3/700 very much.

can you adjust the regulator on the V3?

Wow, you have a nice base for the slug platform . Consider a slug liner for the Crown unless you just want another gun.

Ive tried slugs with my crown and couldnt get the power to shoot them fast enough. Believe me ive tried LOL

I would send Newman an email @ 910 tuning. Curious to what your reg pressure is set at.
Screenshot_20220516-212459_Chrome.1652750957.jpg

I had it up to 170 bar I think with a heavier hammer and I still couldn’t get the velocity i needed for 34.5 and 36 nsa slugs. I’m not worried about it anymore. After I get this Vulcan 3 I’ll be set!

Reactions: eduardo65reyes
Even though Darrick has done really well with the AGT 700mm .22 that barrel in that caliber is chocked. So for the normal tuner it WILL make slugs harder to tune. The 30 caliber is not choked.

From all the research I’ve done and according to Talon tunes, the 700mm .22 and .30 are unchocked. I have zero experience with this rifle, but from what I can gather, it’s definitely unchocked

Reactions: eduardo65reyes