• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AGT Vulcan 2 - .177 cal - Any opinions?

Hey everyone and this is more to “wet my whistle” about the Vulcan 2 and “asking or a friend” ;) I know the AGT guns here have a great reputation.

But I was browsing and came across the ATG Vulcan 2 in .177 cal and I was curious if anyone has one and what do they think of it. I checked the search thread, but I couldn’t find anything on the .177 caliber. 

Thanks for the input as always.

http://airguntechnology.com/vulcan2/

They are a rare breed. I do own one (Tactic) but honestly haven't even shot it for accuracy since I bought it 2 years ago aside from taking a few dry fire shots to see how loud it was. Bought it in 177 because it was non standard and I collect guns especially hard to find calibers such as 177s and dealers call me when they get one offs. This one was the most expensive compared to my other 3 Vulcans in 22. If long distance past 50 yards I can say the 22s are awesome in fact so awesome I bought 3 of them in 22. One I have never shot yet though but my other 2 are fantastic. One gets 1/4" at 50 yards and the other 3/8".

I have the short Vulcan 2 in 177, I thought there was not another in the USA but seems like there is a Vulcan 2 Standard in 177. I shoot mine a lot, 

I think I get about 90 shots per fill, shooting 10 gr at about 920 FPS, My range is limited to about 48 - 49 Yards, Sparrows hate this gun. My only complaint is the small pellets my fat fingers and the dad-gum Magazine, The Carm magazines make it a little easier a little.

As soon as the Veteran comes back with a 177 with a CZ barrel I am buying one....

Mike

@aigunmike56 - thanks for the information. Yeah, I have a Brocock Compatto .177 that I am planning to sell a friend of mine, but would like another one and the Vulcan 2 looks promising, plus that is a LOT of high power shots per fill. Have you tried JSB Hades in the Vulcan? I found in the Brocock the Hades just seemed to perform a little better with 1 to 2 ft/lbs of energy compared to the 10 gr JSB Exact.

I have a couple of sources here in Europe for Vulcan 2s in .177 cal, but being American I will for sure have the Vulcan 2 and Leshiy 2 with me the next time I am in the USA. Plus when I am back in my hometown, me Taipan Compact in 25 cal will be waiting for me at my sister’s house, so that should be a lethal trio.

Thus there will be another Vulcan 2 in .177 cal in the USA that occasionally visits for a hunt, so your club will be a little less exclusive. ;)

Well, Joost here in the Netherlands / Belgium is the Taipan dealer here in the Netherlands. From speaking to people here in the Netherlands some others, he is a great guy and very helpful. I would love to get a compact Taipan in .177 if possible with a CZ barrel, but I think it would have to be a special order thing. Amazingly here in the Netherlands the shops don’t typically carry .177, minimum is .22. Krale has only ONE FX model offered in .177. I looked at a Dreamline but wanted .177 not 22. They told me well you can buy the .22 and get a extra .177 barrel. In the USA I could get a .177 barreled.

But give Joost a call / email - https://luchtbuks.com/nl/luchtbuks. As far as I know he has a great reputation here on AGN, and damn sure he does here in the Netherlands. I can reach out to a Czech contact to see if there is a Taipan Compact available there in .177 with a CZ barrel, if you want.

Also, I was MIGHT be leaving the Netherlands and move back to Denmark, where you can’t own anything other than .177 cal air gun without an FAC, though the .177 can be FAC rated, but can go ratting / mousing (if I understand correctly). Here in the Netherlands like I said it just paperpunching, but in Denmark I could go hopefully, get my countryside get dairy farms let us come for the rats.

I can contact the Taipan dealer in Germany tomorrow for you. I will drop you a PM.

I have a Vulcan II in .177 with a laminate stock. I'm in the UK so it's limited to 12ftlbs. Now it's shot-in it's turning in very good groups - I'm pretty sure the wobbly nut behind the bolt is the limiting factor - and over a 29-shot string the spread was 4fps.

vulcan 2.1605000329.jpg