AGT Vixen - YouTube Video What do you think ?

I've had my Vixen Long .22 for almost 2 months now. Wanted it as a handy squirrel hunter out to about 50-65 yards max. As such I would tune it for Hades pellets for the squirrels, and then hope that the 15.9's would shoot well at the same tune for target fun.

When I received the gun from AOA it was shooting 15.9's @ 898 fps and Hades at 891 fps, and accurately. I didn't adjust anything.

The gun has gotten its first blood. It is light, handy, nicely balanced and comfortable to carry. It doesn't 'feel' long at all to me, even though it is nearly a foot longer in OAL compared to another squirrel hunting tool - M3 Compact (with no mod. I don't find the M3 loud at all without additional moderation). 

I don't think that I would have preferred the std Vixen over the long - I like the power the Long makes, and like I said above, it just doesn't feel long.

What a pleasure to shoot! Quiet and not overly powered so the shot cycle is pleasant and smooth. I find myself grabbing it just when I want to go out and target shoot since it is such fun. And the fact that it has the necessary power to double as an effective squirrel hunter, that's just icing on the cake.

Whatever configuration interests you most, I think that the Vixen is a winner. And I'm with douger with my preference towards the Long model (although I have never personally shot or handled a standard model).

I have a .177 short and it shot the best groups I have ever done at 37 yards. It is a keeper! Given the huge shroud it is much louder that I expected. I haven't measured it, but to my ears shooting only 12fpe it is louder than my R5M shooting .25 at 50 fpe. It may not be really louder but the sound is higher pitched and more noticeable. I think AGT didn't really take advantage of all that shroud volume using only a 2 chamber moderator compared to Edgun's 4 or 5 chambers. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/best-size-jsb-pellets-for-agt-vixen-with-lw-0-177-barrel/#post-1097221

Under 6 pounds scoped. When less is more.

20211010_160749_resized_1.1634003998.jpg

Accuracy looks pretty good, it does seem to be louder than it should be.

If you have quality speakers to help judge and or if you have even gone down range when someone is shooting your actual gun, you will recognize the sound is the pellet cutting thru the air and the impact of the pellet striking the back stop. I hear virtually no muzzle report. 

Knife