Airgun Technologies AGT Vixen vs the Uragan 2 compact

Eyeballing these two as a research project. 22 cal version preferred. Vixen short vs Uragan 2 compact. Primary purpose is plinking / short range pesting if needed. I've owned NEITHER one. Looking for comparative feedback in regards to the basics. Loudness, power adjustability, I am aware the uragan 2 compact is probably stronger with the longer barrel. Reliability and / or durability. Is there really any disparity regarding these 2 platforms? Looks are fine to me for both, no issues there. Preferably folks who have used both, but all feedback, good or bad welcome. thanks.

I've had a Uragan (1) Compact (.22) for some time. I like it, shoots well, zero problems.

I've "thought" about buying the Vixen Compact (short), in .22, for a long time. The two things that have kept me from buying one, 1 - The Vixen sound output needs additional muffling (for my shooting), over the big tube, over the barrel now.
The Uragan can get away with a short relatively...inexpensive suppressor. The Vixen needs a fairly expensive, "change" over the original suppressor/tube.

2 - I like my guns to be under 30" when I can. The Vixen short, is over 30". Not much, but...then the additional suppressor required, adds up quickly in length.

Reading here, I understand the Vixen shoots as well as the Uragan.

That's my dimes worth.

Mike

P.S. - Also, in reading in these pages, it seems that the butt stock is easilly damaged / broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: rangur1
There is a guy selling custom made CF shrouds for Vixens on ebay.co.uk that look nice and get good reviews (There is a AGT Vixen Facebook group)

My own 3d printed shroud insert is performing much better than stock but adds 2" in length.
The design is far from finished though and relies on some 3d printing trickery.

I'm very happy with the Vixen, although I wish it were a short.
The cocking action of the Vixen is very smooth. The trigger is excellent. Shot count is way more than I'll ever need.
The Uragan 2 and AirMaks Kataran SC, were on my short list.
I just happened to see a good deal on the Vixen first.

I have a Vixen standard in .22 (set at 17 fpe) and Uragan2 compact in .177(set at 12 fpe).
For me , I'd say the Vixen over the U2c . Both guns can tune higher than where I set them.

I'll start at the muzzle : Vixen most quite.
Vixen : stock shroud, added a LDC adaptor and Fatboy2
U2c : deleted shroud, added tapered thread adaptor and Koi.

Cocking lever (fitment to my hand), (bear paws with stubby fingers)
Vixen : Perfect fit
U2c : 1 1/2" too far forward
(I personally think cocking handle should not be forward of the trigger) To suit me ......

As to the possibility of the shoulder stock cracking. Yes it can. Leave it at the tightness set OEM. Yes they do wiggle a little, don't tighten the screw because the tank expands under full pressure. Additionally there are different design aftermarket stocks available if so desired. I personally do not mind the bottle at my neck.

I did change the bottle(s) on the U2c. It was originally a Prince w/ two 210cc tanks. I think two tanks are fine for bench shooting, but for pesting it felt I was fighting with the hold at the forend. I removed the twin set and went down to one 210cc bottle, Now it holds better, but I wanted more air capasity. I removed the AGT bottle and installed a FX bottle adaptor from a Pantera , a 300bar bottle valve and a 300cc FX bottle. Which also give me the ability to add a Vixen magazine holder to the U2c covering the pressure drain screw. I unscrew the bottle, take two shots to empty the plenum and I can remove the regulator.

Next mod for the U2c will be a short throw cocking lever. I'll have to make one, unless anyone knows of a cross fitment from another platform ?
The U2c does point faster, The Vixen has a better swing when tracking on moving targets

Buy both, keep which ever you like best. We're all different with different opinions. You just have to try both so you will know.
Anyone live close enough to let you try theirs?

sorry, my source info must have been wrong.

still,
my point was just that a longer barrel will give more velocity than a shorter barrel.
Oh, I figured you had one too. Of course a longer barrel gives more velocity, but by actually owning one, I find that out of the box mine shoots harder than the specs I looked up, like you must have. Short one might shoot harder as well.

Last edited: