AGT Vixen shooters

Any of you boys and or girls that shoot Vixens (or the Vixen Long) out there...

What's your opinion ? While I'm interested in the Vixen (short version), in .22, but both the Vixen and the Vixen Long are basically the same gun, so details from either gun will help.
I don't need the details that I can get from the AGT web site, just your basic thoughts, likes, and dislikes.

Thanks

Mike

I really like the Vixen platform. Have owned both lengths, but kept the long. Both in .22 cal.

The Vixen is no powerhouse - was never meant to be. But it is a pleasure to shoot due to its light weight combined with very smooth shot cycle. Accurate, quiet, good triggers, good magazines (and they provide 2), never a real issue with either of them.

I ended up selling my standard (short) model to someone who needed the lower power it generated due to its short barrel. Some data: My standard seemed to about max out with HS adjustment at about 780 fps with 15.89's/Hades. My long model works better for me (since I'm not shooting in a barn, etc). My long model shoots the same pellets more in the 890 fps range.

Of course, not everything is beer & Skittles with the Vixens. The front Keymod piece is really nothing to me other than a bit of a bottle protector. If it was made from aluminum it would be more functional, to me. I guess that one could mount a small flashlight onto it if needed. And it gives the gun a stronger 'tactical' appearance...

My buttstock split/broke, which was quickly replaced free of charge by AoA. They told me that this was not the first time they had seen this, and had spoken with AGT about maybe redesigning the part. In the mean time they warned me to make sure the stock was a little loose on the bottle when filling the gun, to allow for expansion of the tank. No issues since.

The design of the gun/buttstock means, to me, that it will never be as stable on the bench as some other guns when shooting off a bipod/rear bag. Excellent for walk & stalk usage, and it can still transition pretty well to benchtop plinking out to 40-50 yards. But will never be the most accurate shooter for me off the bench.

AGN member tscktran showed me some beautiful work he did 3D printing a different style of buttstock (as well as some other accessories) on his Vixen. His new buttstock would likely resolve any potential breakage issues with the OEM stock, and looks like it would also allow the Vixen to be much more stable on the bench. If you get a Vixen and have access to a 3D printer, you might want to reach out to him for his files.

So those are my thoughts. My likes about the Vixen far outweigh any dislikes. It would be a great gun too, for anyone who needs or wants something lighter in overall weight as compared to so many other guns.

Thanks guys.

TMH, very good, that's info I'm looking for !
Question, is the suppressor quiet enough for a city back yard ?
I'm a freehand shooter, and yeah, I've seen that the hand guard is just plastic. I guess that's that some small amount of bottle scuff protection !! That paint ball stock looks interesting (from the above post).

I like the look, but on the fence still...... I have a few more pressing things to take care of in the next few weeks. Plenty of time to think.

Thanks again.

Mike

To me the Vixen Long is plenty backyard friendly. I live on a rural acre but have some houses close to my shooting benches. I've never even thought about needing any additional moderation.

The Vixen's are not powerhouses (weren't designed to be) and as such there doesn't seem to me to be a lot of waste air (and subsequent noise) coming out of them. And/or the big can of a shroud is pretty effective (plus it is more than just a big empty can).

To be honest I don't recall the difference in noise between the Standard and the Long. But I don't recall thinking the Standard was loud either. But one would think that it will be a little louder than the Long - not as much shroud volume.

Great, thanks TMH. That's what I was hoping to hear.

Don't much care about the lower power. I've set all of my adjustable guns to around 800fps anyway. For beating up on the guns guts a little less, and for most guns being notably quieter at a lower power.

Also, I'm just shooting targets, and at a somewhat shorter range (under 25 yards). You use what you have !

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Sorry for my bad Englische bud a Picture of my Vixen Short .177

Greetings Cornelis

P1120238.JPG

@MikeVV which Vixen did you end up pulling the trigger on? Were you satisfied with your decision?
md -

Which did I "buy.." ("pull the trigger", cute)?
Neither. If I were to "buy" one, it would be the shorter of the two. I'm not positive that I want one, and have been wavering back and forth for a coupla months whether to buy one or not.

I am going to but a Krait when they become a reality, supposedly next month. Do I really need to buy two new guns ?

Vixen...forever on the sharp fence !

Mike

P.s. - Thanks for the photos guys.
tscktran - I like that forward grip. No crutches used here, so that's a good idea.
Thanks guys for the other comments.

I am absolutely loving my Vixen standard .22 cal . I first tuned it to shoot GTOs 11.74 at 750 fps ; 14.6 fpe . Birds out to 50 yrds , squirrels at 45 yards no problem . Lately the winds picked up to 15mph so I tuned it for NSA 17.5 (0.2175) at 750 fps 21.86 fpe . Impressive ! to say the least . I made it more silent with a DonnyFL Shogun threaded directly to the barrel .

Vixen PCP 005.jpg

Reactions: fusion