AGT Vixen .22

My local dealer has these in stock!!!

You have me really thinking about going to check it out!!! 

Inside the barn pesting machine!!! 

Seems kinda pricey for what it is but maybe having one in hand will change my mind! Lol 

James from Michigan

Lol yeah it's a pretty great little gun for my close range needs. And holds up at longer ranges! For the price yeah it's not cheap at all new. Only reason I went for one was used at a good discount. Now when comparing to a Leshiy Classic I think this is a better gun, unless one enjoys changing barrels.

Nice rig with excellent group! If you shoot closer and inside more I would say a LPVO without parallax will be much fast at target acquisition. 

Thanks! So on this one I don't have an issue with target acquisition as for close range keeping it at 2x. Now I did look into some LPVOs but just love what this little scope can offer!

I am enamored with the Athlon 1x10 but now I am going to have to try the 2x12 !! I have the shorty and have been using the Eotech on it

I bet the Eotech is nice though! But honestly check out the 2-12x42 if you can. Like said love them so much I got a second. There just a great optic that can be used for many different things.

Nice gun Dillon!

Just a general FYI here, in my case when using a Helos 1-10, I wasn't happy with how the IQ was past 5x. IMHO if you are an older shooter your eyes might not have the range of adjustment to allow the reticle and the image to be in focus at the same time, which is what happened to me. I did send it back and the tech at Athlon didn't see what I saw. The guys that looked through it were 30 up to about 45 years old. Young eyes or at least good eyes you might be ok. 

So I too am a fan of the Helos G2 2-12x42 DMR, that is a scope that just turned out well and is super versatile. I'll take the extra weight of it any day on a compact rifle vs....!!

I ended up edit (traded for) a March DFP 1-10 for my AR and although its a nice scope with adjustable parallax down to 10 yards its not perfect and if I didn't need 1x and daylight bright illume I would choose the Helos G2 2-12 over it. Why??? its 1/6th the price. The March is superior but not hugely so at least not to me, well in reliability it should be which is another reason I bought it. I know for me I want adjustable parallax on an air rifle for close in shooting on 10x which I would be doing on occasion because I like using higher mag most of the time and low mag not as much.

It's a cheap scope but those Athlon Talos 3-12 mildot scopes are neat because they are a 1" tube, mil/mil, have adjustable parallax down to 10Y, and are lightweight. The reticle is also on the thick side and on 3x is easy to see but its SFP so.... also Mils are correct at 10x. I've had the 4-16 version on my 5mmFBI varmint/coyote for years with no problems and like it enough to have kept it on there. Usually I'd choose a much more expensive scope to put on a rifle like this but I just haven't felt the need since I only shoot it once in a while. I had it on 8x when I shot a yote last year. It was shortly after sun up and it was nice seeing the reticle contrasted well against the animal.

Nice looking airgun.

It's AT Vixen... there is no G because Airgun is one word. I know a lot of people call them AGT, even Talon Tunes but their logo is an A over a T.

airgun-technology-600x315w1.1644605447.jpg

I like the idea of a light scope on a Vixen, but when I worked through the options (that I could afford and that suited my aging eyes), the Helos G2 2-12x42 came out on top. It's a great fit. 

By the way, Steve123 did an excellent review here on AGN on the Helos G2 2-12x42 when it first came out. It is well worth reading if you are considering this scope. Sorry, I could not find it in my search. Maybe Steve123 can help us out on that. 

IMG_20220209_150416269.1644451591.jpg
IMG_20220209_150228400.1644451592.jpg

All setup and ready to rock. 11 shots at 50yds at 640fps with AA 16gr. 10 in the one hole and the one above was a bad pellet where skirt was kinda pinched in on 2 sides.

BE CAREFUL OF THAT REAR STOCK, THEY ARE PRONE TO CRACK IF THEY GET COLD OR OVER TIGHTEN OR ITS A BAD SEAM IN THE MOLDS OE SOMETHING ITS MADE IN NICE RIG YOU GOT PERFECT FOR 45 AND IN BUT I DID SHOT A BIRD OFF HAND WITH IT AT 110 YARDS BIRD GAVE ME 3 TRIES LOL

I like the idea of a light scope on a Vixen, but when I worked through the options (that I could afford and that suited my aging eyes), the Helos G2 2-12x42 came out on top. It's a great fit. 

By the way, Steve123 did an excellent review here on AGN on the Helos G2 2-12x42 when it first came out. It is well worth reading if you are considering this scope. Sorry, I could not find it in my search. Maybe Steve123 can help us out on that.

Thanks for the compliment!

Here it is https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/ffp-athlon-helos-g2-2-12x42-is-in-hand/?referrer=1