Tuning AGT Uragan King not charging after degas

Hello everyone! Finally created an account after reading forever. You guys have been a great resource for me!

I'm hoping someone has some insight into what's happening to my Uragan King in .30 cal. I needed to replace the breech O-ring, so per the manual before working on it, I degassed the gun using the small screw under the trigger guard. I turned it slowly and just let the air bleed out over the course of 15-20 minutes. I then removed the barrel, replaced the O-ring, reassembled and attempted to charge it up using my compressor. 

And it will not build any pressure. I've tightened the bleed screw as much as I feel is safe, changed the fill probe O-rings, checked the compressor on another gun, and nothing.

Do I need to put some kind of sealing agent on the bleed screw?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!!
IMG_4775.1634661455.jpg

Valve might be open. No pressure in the bottles to overcome the hammer spring.... Cock it and leave it cocked (saftey on!) and try again.

Ahh good thought! After I emptied the tanks and took a couple dry fire shots as the manual instructed, there was definitely a purge of air from the breech area.

Thank you! I'll try that when I get home.

Well my dudes, I'm not sure entirely what the fix was. (so far anyways, she's still charging). First thing I did was check the bleed screw, it was loose again after me cranking it down last night. I put a tiny piece of teflon tape on it, then cocked it (safety on!), and started filling it. It took a bit too start building a charge, likely due to the huge tanks, but its doing it!

I'll update once its filled. Thank you guys so much! I'll try to earn my place by being an active member of the forum.

In your opening post you mentioned it taking 15-20 minutes to bleed down the gun, seems odd that you’d have to completely drain the entire system as it sounds like you did. I’m not completely familiar with the gun but can’t you remove the bottle and and bleed off the remaining pressure that may be trapped in the guns plenum? That way you’d still have a bottle basically full when you screw it back on. Any more most of the bottled guns bottle can be spun off pressurized. Maybe not though.

jking

In your opening post you mentioned it taking 15-20 minutes to bleed down the gun, seems odd that you’d have to completely drain the entire system as it sounds like you did. I’m not completely familiar with the gun but can’t you remove the bottle and and bleed off the remaining pressure that may be trapped in the guns plenum? That way you’d still have a bottle basically full when you screw it back on. Any more most of the bottled guns bottle can be spun off pressurized. Maybe not though.

jking

To be honest the repair did not require degassing. I simply followed the instructions in the manual before disassembly because I'm new to the gun and did not know which component had failed. I have no idea if the bottles can be removed without degassing. The breech O Ring can be replaced without the degassing procedure. 

A tip for any other .30 cal Uragan owners, if your breech O ring fails, and you don't feel like waiting for one to be shipped, O'Reilly's Auto has the correct ring in this kit: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/dorman-help/dorman-help-rubber-o-ring/mtm0/80000?q=Dorman+HELP+rubber+o-ring&pos=0

It aired up, shot two pellets through both sides of a cardboard box. Next day, only a mechanical sound presumable the hammer. Yesterday, shot three pellets though a box again, I am going out now to shoot it over a chronograph. I will let you know how it goes. Dave

Gotcha, I wonder if they over filled it at the paintball place. That could cause hammer lock. And just the variations in temperature between indoors and outside could be enough to cause the valve to lock/function if the tanks are overfilled just enough.

EDIT! It just occurred to me that the gun has a regulator, so the tank overfill wouldn't be the case. Silly me.

Well, I am getting pellets to shoot out. ( at 188 to 196 FPS ) something is definitely wrong. This was with 250 bar in the tank. Aired it up to 290 bar and chronographed a few more shots , no change, ..188 to 194 FPS. The manufacturer emailed me back. They said to air it up with the bolt open, safety on, and the tank will pressurize. Instead I went with the scuba tank fill and the rifle maintains a steady pressure. Any ideas?. Thanks, Dave

Well, I am getting pellets to shoot out. ( at 188 to 196 FPS ) something is definitely wrong. This was with 250 bar in the tank. Aired it up to 290 bar and chronographed a few more shots , no change, ..188 to 194 FPS. The manufacturer emailed me back. They said to air it up with the bolt open, safety on, and the tank will pressurize. Instead I went with the scuba tank fill and the rifle maintains a steady pressure. Any ideas?. Thanks, Dave

Yikes. Yeah something is severely off. My first guess would be that something in the hammer spring mechanism is way out of adjustment and the hammer is hitting way too light. If you're inclined to work on guns, give this guys video a watch: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL5spcqzlxI

He does a great job explaining the whole gun during the teardown.

What pellets are you shooting out of it?