• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AGT Uragan .30 Accuracy Issue

I have owned by Uragan for a few months and just getting round to shooting it more and more, however I’ve noticed that it doesn’t seem to be grouping very well. At the moment I am seeing groups around 1” at 60 yards. I haven’t tried any further yet. I have tried velocities between 870-920 with 44gn JSB, by changing the HST, but up at 920 the extreme spread was way to high for my liking.

Any suggestions for getting sub MOA accuracy (Haven’t touched the reg yet)

P.s. if anyone has tried any slugs feel free to PM me with how you get on and what you did to get them to shoot well

Here’s a pic of her with the Pard scope, and DonnyFL Ronin:

1584473115_3564051965e71241b626599.37613821.jpeg

Make sure the shroud is tight and that it's not touching the bottle. The hammer spring adjuster is under enough pressure that it should not fluctuate like many of the wildcats do/can, but if the locking screw is loose it could move outward over time. Clean the barrel and test that first. 

I also played around with my hammer spring quite a bit in the beginning, like you said, the higher I went over the 'best' speed, the greater the spread became. That's okay for me, mine is a .25 but whether its the pellets or where the gun (trigger/hammer/reg combo) worked best... the JSB 34g MKI and MKII both do very extremely well at 870-890 and I don't have to deal with an over cranked hammer spring. They shot almost as well at 830 but the results with speeds in between were disappointing. 

Make sure the shroud is tight and that it's not touching the bottle. The hammer spring adjuster is under enough pressure that it should not fluctuate like many of the wildcats do/can, but if the locking screw is loose it could move outward over time. Clean the barrel and test that first. 

I also played around with my hammer spring quite a bit in the beginning, like you said, the higher I went over the 'best' speed, the greater the spread became. That's okay for me, mine is a .25 but whether its the pellets or where the gun (trigger/hammer/reg combo) worked best... the JSB 34g MKI and MKII both do very extremely well at 870-890 and I don't have to deal with an over cranked hammer spring. They shot almost as well at 830 but the results with speeds in between were disappointing.

@jcd how many turns on the hammer spring adjuster to go from 830 to 890? 

I had the same problem with my vulcan 2.30

One group at 50 was almost one hole and the next over 1''.No consistency. At 100y 2-3" more or less with occasional 1.5"group.

I was expecting better so I sold it now I am looking at uragan but this post changed my mind. 

I think for. 30 I must look elsewhere for best accuracy. Maybe crown? 

With some work I think it could get to where we wan't it but at this price I expect that accuracy and consistency out of the box. 

Otherwise very happy with other calibers Agt and they have fantastic customer service. 

Regards

if you are shooting pellets straight from the tin. that could definately be your culprit. i have opened 12 tins of the 44g and had no less than 5 different head diameters. if the LW or CZ barrel on the uragan you have will most likely have a preferred diameter. there is also a weight variation near a full grain. more than enough variation to cause that spread.