• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Technologies AGT URAGAN 2 BARREL BAND

Preliminary chronograph numbers for stock U2 (700mm) .30. (These slugs showed good accuracy @ 50 yds.)
NSA .300 61.5 grain (Mean: 756.2 FPS, SD: 6, 78.1 FPE) AVS .3003 60 grain (Mean: 801.5, SD: 4.2, 85.6 FPE) ZANS .30 59 grain (Mean: 799.2, SD: 6.5, 83.7 FPE) WM
Having to shoot those odd sized slugs is what is currently stopping me from getting an AGT air gun

Reactions: mercado
Having to shoot those odd sized slugs is what is currently stopping me from getting an AGT air gun
Admit I'm a pellet fanboy but crows no longer come closer than 130 yards to my property, so needed something that carried energy farther and bucked wind better. Started with ZANS .30 slug assortment box, 6 grain sizes from 45.5 to 68 and ZANS .303 in .51 and 61 grain. Both V3 and U2 preferred 54 and 59 grains, neither cared for .303s. The famous AVS .3063 (61 grains) shot perfectly in V3, uncomfortable with extreme loading effort and costs, so set them aside. NSA 61.5 grain and AVS .3003 (60 grain) shot well but costs are high, .23 and .28 per slug, to-my-door, respectively. Purchased 4 boxes ZAN (59 grains) from Pyramyd Air, 11% discount and, "Buy 4, get one free," ended up @ .13 per slug. Keep a full mag, less one in chamber, of NSA 61.5s, in U2, one after another in same hole @ 50 yards makes me care less about the .23 and more about seeing another crow. WM

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Admit I'm a pellet fanboy but crows no longer come closer than 130 yards to my property, so needed something that carried energy farther and bucked wind better. Started with ZANS .30 slug assortment box, 6 grain sizes from 45.5 to 68 and ZANS .303 in .51 and 61 grain. Both V3 and U2 preferred 54 and 59 grains, neither cared for .303s. The famous AVS .3063 (61 grains) shot perfectly in V3, uncomfortable with extreme loading effort and costs, so set them aside. NSA 61.5 grain and AVS .3003 (60 grain) shot well but costs are high, .23 and .28 per slug, to-my-door, respectively. Purchased 4 boxes ZAN (59 grains) from Pyramyd Air, 11% discount and, "Buy 4, get one free," ended up @ .13 per slug. Keep a full mag, less one in chamber, of NSA 61.5s, in U2, one after another in same hole @ 50 yards makes me care less about the .23 and more about seeing another crow. WM
That's really good to know, normally I care about expansion a lot. But when it comes to .30 cal and higher I know that there's ALWAYS going to be pass through, so it doesn't bother me as much. Knowing that the nsa shoot well out of the AGT shine some light for me, thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: WorriedMan
Friend, I have an FX maverick .25 and a uragan 2 .22 and I can say, the FX benefit from a barrel fixer, even though it is not recommended for precision shooting, however on the Uragan 2 the barrel does not move. You should worry about how to tune the regulator and hammer spring, as it has a dynamic valve, it is more tedious to get to the perfect point.