• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Technologies AGT URAGAN 2 BARREL BAND

I have the V3 and it's likely almost the exact same but I'm not sure so someone with a U2 can chime in with their measurements. Just curious why you want a band? If the U2 is anything like the Vulcan 3 ....My poi has never moved as these aren't built with soda straw barrels and are extremely robust by design. Have you heard something different about the U2? As I haven't really looked for it.

Reactions: WorriedMan
Recommend holding off on barrel band, for now. Both U2 and V3 shrouds are large, hexagonal and solid. Also, bottle bands can do more harm than good, as bottles naturally expand and contract as part of normal operation. Same thoughts as MACTEN, poi shift for V3 and U2 is a non-issue. WM
A friend of mine has a U1 in 30 and the barrel will move down if lightly pressed. Do you know what would cause that?

A friend of mine has a U1 in 30 and the barrel will move down if lightly pressed. Do you know what would cause that?
My U1 .25 shroud will move if pressed down, never had a poi issue, highly accurate and dependable. V3 and U2 shrouds are larger, fluted and solid. WM

Thank you for the replies. I understand everyone has their own opinions on barrel bands, mine has been positive with my dreamline and impact. I am going to be putting a pretty hefty moderator on it, (donnyfl ronin). I have the means to print one and I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
These are the soda straw variety I was referring to. I really like them but they can shift easily which is why the company supplies things to stop the shifting and stiffin things up.

Being pressed down?
So I borrowed my friends Uragan 30. While my huben k1 barrel was sent to get realigned. I tried shooting some jsb KO out of it and I couldn't get a consistent group out of it. They all kept shifting or moving around. I remembered that the gun was sent to texas for a leak to get fixed. So I decided to just lightly try to push the barrel to see if it would move, and it nearly touches the bottle if I push down on it. I'm not using force to push on it either. So I thought maybe whoever fixed it must've forgotten to tighten it up all the way or something.

So I borrowed my friends Uragan 30. While my huben k1 barrel was sent to get realigned. I tried shooting some jsb KO out of it and I couldn't get a consistent group out of it. They all kept shifting or moving around. I remembered that the gun was sent to texas for a leak to get fixed. So I decided to just lightly try to push the barrel to see if it would move, and it nearly touches the bottle if I push down on it. I'm not using force to push on it either. So I thought maybe whoever fixed it must've forgotten to tighten it up all the way or something.
Entirely possible, reliability of U1 .25 so impressive, bought U2. AGT went with larger shroud for better sound moderation, IMO, rather than any poi issue, don't even use moderator on U2 or V3, still use factory one on U1, though. WM

My uragan 1 - 177 - 22 - 30 if I have not tension the barrels I would have simply sold them AGT barrel are even thinner than the TJ liners.. I had 2 uragan 1 in 25 n I simply could not get them to shoot like the other 3 calibers so I simply sold them.. I tried a barrel band and it was even worse..one's I tension the barrel for my use they has been flawless, so much that I recently got a vulcan 3 500mm in .25 .. barrel harmonics could really be affected by the position of the bipod and the rest you could be using to shoot.. I a solid bench you will no notice to much the barrel dance .. in the uragan I the barrel moves so much that when I shoot even with a small moderator the shroud hit the bottle in every shoot making it n absolute garbage to shoot..from the retailer that I got the .25 ..when I explained my problem.. he knew it ..and told me that he couldn't get the same groups with the agt .that like the ones he got from the Taipans and crickets.. now you know..

I'll just measure it myself when it gets here, thanks!
Hank,
Sorry, was helping member in Tanks, Compressors, then, some errands. Tank measured 52.08mm, shroud (high rounded point to high rounded point) 38.10mm, gap 2.75mm. Tank cool and just shy of 300 BAR. Checked measurements several times but would feel better if another U2 owner verified. My tank is standard on .30, might want to verify what tank you have if you didn't get .30. WM

Reactions: Skiffy52
My uragan 1 - 177 - 22 - 30 if I have not tension the barrels I would have simply sold them AGT barrel are even thinner than the TJ liners.. I had 2 uragan 1 in 25 n I simply could not get them to shoot like the other 3 calibers so I simply sold them.. I tried a barrel band and it was even worse..one's I tension the barrel for my use they has been flawless, so much that I recently got a vulcan 3 500mm in .25 .. barrel harmonics could really be affected by the position of the bipod and the rest you could be using to shoot.. I a solid bench you will no notice to much the barrel dance .. in the uragan I the barrel moves so much that when I shoot even with a small moderator the shroud hit the bottle in every shoot making it n absolute garbage to shoot..from the retailer that I got the .25 ..when I explained my problem.. he knew it ..and told me that he couldn't get the same groups with the agt .that like the ones he got from the Taipans and crickets.. now you know..
I believe it, I had a 177 taipan in red laminate The outshot everything I have owned. Except for the .22 akela, fx impact mkii and the cricket 2 .22 I used to have. I have heard so much about the fx barrels and the poi shifts, but the amount of flex this shorud/barrel has, takes the cake.

Entirely possible, reliability of U1 .25 so impressive, bought U2. AGT went with larger shroud for better sound moderation, IMO, rather than any poi issue, don't even use moderator on U2 or V3, still use factory one on U1, though. WM
Honestly if it were mine I would take the mod off, it's so quiet you barely hear the action and that's all you hear aside from the impact

Hank,
Sorry, was helping member in Tanks, Compressors, then, some errands. Tank measured 52.08mm, shroud (high rounded point to high rounded point) 38.10mm, gap 2.75mm. Tank cool and just shy of 300 BAR. Checked measurements several times but would feel better if another U2 owner verified. My tank is standard on .30, might want to verify what tank you have if you didn't get .30. WM
Thank you very much! I did get the .30 cal.

Reactions: WorriedMan