N/A AGT Or Taipan Or?

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while, working too much I guess. Anyway, I am looking to upgrade from my Avenger and I am starting my research. I've searched here on the forums, as well as Youtube.

Considering a AGT Uragan II, or a Taipan Veteran II. Not set on length yet either. Looking for real world feedback, and any other's in this price range that I should consider. It is my understanding that the Taipan's are very reliable with regard to air leaks, does the Uragan share that same trait? Looking forward to your suggestions and feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Vern

Vern - look down a few threads. Just posted thoughts on Uragan II about an hour ago. Can’t comment on the Taipan other than I have a friend that loves his. In a similar vain, I have a .22 Cricket Long that is nothing short of astonishingly accurate. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the Czech rifles.

Either would be a solid choice I think. I had an agt vulcan 3. It was a solid gun. Never failed and built super nice. I ended up trading it only because ergonomically I just didn’t like it as much as I hoped. Not even sure why. I think the stock on it just made it feel a bit bulky. I like to tune and I didn’t like the fact you had to take the gun apart to adjust the regulator and then guess what you were adjusting it too unless you had a reg tester gauge. However if you are more into just taking the gun out and shooting it this won’t matter. The only other comment would be I’m not sure about parts support with those companies. No idea how available the parts are if needed.

Reactions: CP598
Vern - look down a few threads. Just posted thoughts on Uragan II about an hour ago. Can’t comment on the Taipan other than I have a friend that loves his. In a similar vain, I have a .22 Cricket Long that is nothing short of astonishingly accurate. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the Czech rifles.
I will check it out. Thanks!

Either would be a solid choice I think. I had an agt vulcan 3. It was a solid gun. Never failed and built super nice. I ended up trading it only because ergonomically I just didn’t like it as much as I hoped. Not even sure why. I think the stock on it just made it feel a bit bulky. I like to tune and I didn’t like the fact you had to take the gun apart to adjust the regulator and then guess what you were adjusting it too unless you had a reg tester gauge. However if you are more into just taking the gun out and shooting it this won’t matter. The only other comment would be I’m not sure about parts support with those companies. No idea how available the parts are if needed.
Thanks for the feedback Trucker3573. You bring up a very good point with regard to ergo. I definitely want something comfortable to hold and shoot. I will be doing most of my shooting not using a bench. Probably fence posts, shooting sticks, or other things for a rest.

Reactions: Trucker3573
Thanks for the feedback Trucker3573. You bring up a very good point with regard to ergo. I definitely want something comfortable to hold and shoot. I will be doing most of my shooting not using a bench. Probably fence posts, shooting sticks, or other things for a rest.
It wasn’t terrible I just preferred the feel of the fx maverick/impact type gun.

Uragan2 and Taipan2. HMM.. well I have both, Technically the Uragan 2 is the compact version. Both brands enjoy great reputation as well as Kalibregun cricket 2. I can't speak to the cricket2, but assuming the Uragan 2 is similar to the compact in back dimensional layout. Taipan has a smoother cocking sequence . Magazine loading is easier with Uragan, plus spring load mag will not let you dry fire as probe will be stopped by mag flange when empty. Taipan has simple wheel mag. Both use CZ barrels. However, one thing , Taipan 2 allows hammer spring adjustment WITHOUT stock removal. When necessary, Taipan 2 is easier to work on.

@CP598 What would you like to do with the next gun you purchase? Are you a long-distance target shooter, pest, plinker, hunter? What sort of range do you typically shoot from? Are there any specific power requirements that you’re looking for? Are you looking to shoot primadlo slugs or pellets? More information would be helpful because the Taipan Vet and AGT Uragan are different types of guns.

I've got both the U2 and Taipan Vet2 Tac in .25 cal. Both standard size. Both knock the crap out of squirrels at 35yd in my yard using Hades. I can actually choose where I want to hit the critters consistently. The U2 has a CF stock and is has a slightly annoying ping sound next to ear. The Taipan's new forward cocking lever sits a little low for me after coming from any other rifle. I tend to bump my right hand against it for the 1st couple of magazines and then adapt. Switching the cocking lever to the left side would cure that but the instructional videos Taipan sent me make it look like quite a tear -down process and knocking some pins out before flipping everything over. I'm not there quite yet!

Love shooting them both and they are both rugged rifles with no issues as of yet.

I have a Veteran Standard in .22 and it's one of my favorites. The cocking lever location is just a personal preference. I'm right handed, and I shoot my Veteran a lot from a shooting stick while seated. I find the rear, right-side location works perfectly for me, as I can reach over with my left hand and cock it while not having to change my shooting position. I prefer its simplicity over the Veteran II with forward cocking, but it's just something you have to try. The rifle is simple, robust, very accurate, and has one of the best magazine systems in the market.

@CP598 What would you like to do with the next gun you purchase? Are you a long-distance target shooter, pest, plinker, hunter? What sort of range do you typically shoot from? Are there any specific power requirements that you’re looking for? Are you looking to shoot primadlo slugs or pellets? More information would be helpful because the Taipan Vet and AGT Uragan are different types of guns.
Ezana4CE, very good questions. I will not being doing much long distance target shooting. I may do some long distance pest control, and by that I mean up to 100 yards. The main purpose will be pesting around my house and possibly a cattle feedlot. Starlings, Pigeons, and Crows. Rock chucks also occaisionally. No specific power requirement. WIll be shooting some offhand, some with shooting sticks, and resting on a fence post etc. I usually try to have a rest for all my shooting. I have shot mainly pellets in the past, but also have slugs. I'm not opposed to shooting slugs if they perform better, and I assume they do. Ergo's are important, I want something that is easy and comfortable to shoulder.

Ezana4CE, very good questions. I will not being doing much long distance target shooting. I may do some long distance pest control, and by that I mean up to 100 yards. The main purpose will be pesting around my house and possibly a cattle feedlot. Starlings, Pigeons, and Crows. Rock chucks also occaisionally. No specific power requirement. WIll be shooting some offhand, some with shooting sticks, and resting on a fence post etc. I usually try to have a rest for all my shooting. I have shot mainly pellets in the past, but also have slugs. I'm not opposed to shooting slugs if they perform better, and I assume they do. Ergo's are important, I want something that is easy and comfortable to shoulder.
@CP598 I asked because I've looked into both guns and considered purchasing both at one time or another. For your purposes I'd lean towards a standard-length original Taipan Veteran in .22 or .25 caliber. Again, that's based upon what I've read.

I have both in .25 both shoot lights out, I just cant get used to the rear cocking lever on the Taipan so I dont shoot it mush. I have a Uragan 2 in .25 and a Vulcan 3 in 22 I also have many other high end air guns 70 guns in all and both my AGT guns are at the top of the list love them both
The new Taipan vet2 has the cocking near the middle of the gun now. It's a tack driver too!!! I also have a Uragan King in 30cal shoots FX pellets 44gr phenomenal. Definitely getting another gun soon just haven't decided which AGT gun I am getting the Uragan 2 in 22 or the Vixen Long in 22 cal.

Uragan2 and Taipan2. HMM.. well I have both, Technically the Uragan 2 is the compact version. Both brands enjoy great reputation as well as Kalibregun cricket 2. I can't speak to the cricket2, but assuming the Uragan 2 is similar to the compact in back dimensional layout. Taipan has a smoother cocking sequence . Magazine loading is easier with Uragan, plus spring load mag will not let you dry fire as probe will be stopped by mag flange when empty. Taipan has simple wheel mag. Both use CZ barrels. However, one thing , Taipan 2 allows hammer spring adjustment WITHOUT stock removal. When necessary, Taipan 2 is easier to work on.
A very nice informative post!

Reactions: Marschb