AGT AGT AGT!!! Wowzers…. What am I missing?

Just getting back online to the Airgunning community and seeing this somewhat new manufacturer, AGT, producing what looks on paper to be some of the most versatile, feature packed, robust, accurate, reliable, and with a high degree of quality of craftsmanship, commercially available PCP’s on the market with the Vixen and Uragan in particular. Is this for real?
Short version, I am in the market to add to my collection and finding my self lusting 😍 over the Uragan 2 and Vixen vs the AA S510 TDR and FX Dreamline. What I am missing? Almost seems to good to be true, is AGT for real? Seems as though AGT is offering comparable or better level of quality, precision, construction and definitely bringing more innovative modern design to the table on so many levels for comparable price compared to FX, AirArms, etc.🤷‍♂️

Longer version. I’ve Been Airgunning for over 20 years now, had many springers from GAMO’s through custom Russ BEST Tuned Beeman R7 and Best Tuned R9, a handful of PCP’s over the years, (Logun Gladiator, custom Talon Tunes AF Talon P, various Marauders from unmolested to fully ported high powered Bullpups, couple of AirArms, etc). A stickler for overall quality, precision, accuracy, and usability I quickly culled the budget air guns from my collection retaining my favorites from back then, the Russ-Best Tuned R7, AA S510 FAC Xtra in .22, AA S200-B in .22 w/10 round magazine, (rebadged CZ 200T), and of course a few Daisy Red ryders for when family comes to visit for a session of long range balloon busting and soda can cutting in half competitions.😜 The S200-B is my primary go-to, the S510 is a close 2nd, both are now over 15 years old with well over 10,000 plus rounds through each, still as accurate and fun as they were the day I received them, the S200-B recently started leaking air so while it is under the knife so to speak thought that I’d look into adding to the collection. For my missions primarily small pest control, informal target and plinking shooting some weeks almost daily, sometimes may go a week or 3 not. Any how I had settled on either the AA S510 TDR or an FX Dream Line, possibly a Dreampup or Wildcat. LOVE the concept of Bull pups but from my previous experience with them there is one attribute that was enough of annoyance that I’m a bit trigger shy to try another, and that is the height of the CG of the ones I have owned/handled have been top heavy, feels like they want to flop over to either side requiring a bit more focus and attention to the hold vs standard rifle designs. Though seeing this Uragan and how the trigger itself is directly below the barrel “behind” the air tank vs “under” the air tank like most other BullPups that seems it would lower the CG of the gun considerably all but eliminating that top heaviness I experienced leaving all the wonderful benefits of the Bull Pup design, shorter over all length with a full length barrel, neutral fore aft balance with lower polar monument while packing it about, etc.

Paul
Airgunning in Central Oregon

Last edited:
BR,
My FX .25 M3 Sniper and Wildcat MK3 .30 Sniper are fine guns, however, an unfortunate incident with FX (Check thread, "Ever Seen a Butchered Wildcat?) caused me to look elsewhere for future purchases. AGT caught my eye and my standard Uragan .25 confirmed it. AGT is all that you've said, and more. Like AirArcher, the Uragan 2 .30 is next in line. Talon Tunes recently became the sole US AGT distributor, however, I saved $234 by using Krales, in the Netherlands, when purchasing the .25. Krales just replenished their AGT stock, but no Uragan 2, nor synthetic-stock Vulcan 3, yet. Vixens, sold out for some time, are back in stock. Have to jump a few hoops to shop at Krales but all spelled out in archives, just search "Krales" in AGN SEARCH section. WM

Reactions: BRAAP
FX makes a good rifle, but my Vulcan .25 and Uragan .30 just plain rock (I also had a AGT Vulcan .22 massaged by Ernest that I've since sold- it would be unfair to compare that gun against an off the shelf gun) .
They've both had small problems over the years, but they are made to be simply serviced, with a min of fiddling. I've owned (own) a FX Ranchero, rifle & Pistol, Impact, FX 400, FX Gladiator, Verminator Extreme and still own a Crown 2 . The stories I can tell you about them!
The AGT guns are simple to use, store and then when you need them, they reliably perform. The FX line is good, but the journey is just starting when it arrives on your doorstep. The AGT's come ready to shoot, just add pellets (or slugs) and shoot . Like the Taipans and many Eguns, they are both sexy and solid.

Looks like I’m set on the Uragan in .25. 🙂Curious from owners of the current Uragan, hows the report compared to the AA S510 Xtra FAC both shooting in the 900FPS range?
Current pricing shows only $145 difference between the Uragan and Uragan-2. All the little changes I have seen posted to the U2 seem to be worth the additional $145. What is the latest rumor on release of the U2? Are they planning to discontinue the U1?

Vulcan 3 is very, very easy to disassamble and reassamble. Very simple.

Uragan is more complex.

You can disassamble and reassamble the Vulcan 3 in 15 minutes after lub the o'rings.

Just because of that I am not going to buy another Uragan. If I decide to buy another. 25 Cal, it will be a Vulcan 3 if I decide for a mechanical rifle.

My other alternative is. Daystate Delta Wolf (imposible to try to fix it without help of a guy from NASA).

Last edited:
BR,
My Uragan .25 was not backyard friendly until I purchased an AGT moderator from Airguns of Arizona for $110. Talon Tunes recently started taking pre-orders on the Uragan 2, so delivery might be soon. The compact Uragan on Krales' website is listed as discontinued, standard Uragan, still available. AirArcher is correct, great deals on Uragan are sure to appear. WM

Have you checked the RTI Priest MKI and MKII and the newer Prophet MKI and MKII?

They have a very low overall height of the gun, e.g., from trigger to scope rail it's a much shorter distance than many bullpups.

It's very rugged.

It has less than 10 o-rings (compared to several dozen of some of the other very popular high quality bullpups).

The Performance versions allow you to adjust BOTH the regulator and the hammerspring externally. Not even AGT offers that.....

A Prophet MKI is priced closer to the Uragan. The MKII that is just coming out is a bit higher. But with a pellet suitable slug barrel, if I understood this correctly. And a dumptruck load of power. 😄

Matthias

My Uragan .30 needed accessory help, not completely sure of the .25. i do know the AA S510 is pretty quiet, and a high standard of silence to compare against.
Your experience w the Uragan w definitely be louder if only because your ear is right over the hammer and the like. As for those around you, my money says it'll be barkier, but not working as hard to reach 900fps, either with 25 or even 33 grain pellets. And there will be plenty of headroom for using slugs
I love myS510 and S200, but the Uragan is a rock star for power, efficiency and accuracy .

Below a photo and size comparison infographic for bullpups — for your shopping.... 😄

(I admit I haven't taken the time to update it in a couple of years. Duly noted. 👍🏼)

Matthias

❌ Attachment:

BULLPUPS.  Sizes -- Sorted acc. to Size. 01. LowRes 1.0Mb.jpg

RTI is the ugliest thing out there beside Hatsans 😄 I would never have one in my hose I can't care less how good the gun might be, ......I just cannot even look at it never mind having one in the house to look at everyday 😄😄
Love my Uragans .22 and .30 both dead on for accuracy every time I pick one of them up to shoot!

BRAAP -​

One of my only regrets in airgunning (now completely rectified) is not discovering the Eastern European guns sooner. In many ways the British, German and Swedish guns are incredible. And the Eastern Euro guns are too, but but in a very different way. Incredibly robust build, all kinds of power available, and accurate as heck.

I still own my Red Wolfs, and have owned S510s/S500s (but I have parted with the AA guns basically for the reason of shot count). And FX's set standards in their own ways, but based on personal experience I would probably look at Maverick over a Dreamline (unless you are specifically looking for a traditional wood stocked/cylinder rifle like the Dreamline Classic).

With the announcements of new AGT models, I have been able to pick up Uragans and Vulcans recently at excellent discounts. My collection includes Standard model Uragans in .22 and .25, and a Compact in .22. And that little Uragan Compact has recently knocked the M3 Compact (also in .22) off the top of the heap for my dedicated ground squirrel guns. It comes out of its case every 2-4 weeks, and I never give a second thought as to where the first shot will hit - much to the chagrin of squirrels up at the big range, it is dead on every time. With the M3 I normally need to take 2-3 shots for zeroing before I am confident to take a shot at a pest. Still pretty good, but not Uragan good.

I am also impressed with both the Vulcan 2's and 3's, and the used V3 I bought from a fellow AGN member may actually be my most accurate .30 cal gun (or at least is right up there) against a Maverick Sniper, a Crown and an HM1000x.

You also mention the Vixen in your initial post. I've had the standard and short models, but ended up keeping the Standard (long) only. The Vixens are a bit of an outlier in the AGT range. While still being robust, they have really shed weight compared to other guns in the line-up. Plus they don't make the same power. Plenty of power for plinking and small game pesting though, and my Vixen has been bloodied. But really more fun to carry due to their light weight, and due to their lower power output they have an even smoother & pleasant shot cycle as compared to their more powerful brothers. To me, more of a fun gun than a working gun, and overall just quiet (mine is .22) and nice guns which the whole family can enjoy. Of all the Eastern Euro guns I have shot, the Vixen is probably the only one where you really have to concentrate on the proper scope as the gun is light and it can get top-heavy with the wrong optic. The weight of the other AGTs self-mitigates any top heaviness.

Of course AGT is likely not the only Eastern Euro gun you could be looking at, if you wanted to complicate matters further. Kalibrgun also makes some fantastic stuff I have experienced with their Cricket II and Tactical models. I enjoy the Leshiy Classic for what it is - well engineered, simple, small, light, robust and accurate - although I haven't tried a Leshiy 2 mostly due to so many reports of issues and lack of U.S. support. And the RTI Prophet has saved me a huge chunk of money. I got mine cheap and 'NOS' recently after the Prophet II was announced, and it has kept me from 'having to buy' an expensive American Air Arms rifle as the little Prophet can really do everything the AAA gun can. It may not be a beauty queen to some, but once again looks are only skin deep and function is what matters most to me.

Yup, the AGT guns are the real thing, as are almost all of the Eastern Euro guns these days. Don't make the mistake I made, and discover them NOW. You won't be disappointed.

This post is already too long so I'll stop here. But feel free to PM me if you want any more detailed info on these guns.