• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AGT .22 Uragan First Impressions!

I have finally found THE bullpup for me. The Airgun Technology Uragan .22! Ordered it from Utah Airguns as it was on sale at $1499 delivered. Shipped the next day and packaged very well. Comes in a cardboard box with a nice soft case inside. Owners manuals, 2 mags, fill probe with a whip and a 300 Din connector, sticker, key chain and a pen which has a micrometer built in. Never had a gun with so many extras included. The gun is excellent in fit and finish, love the feel of the synthetic stock and cheek piece instead of metal on your cheek. The side lever is very smooth and easy to cock and I really like it on the left side as a right handed shooter. Trigger is excellent and like the safety also. Having a massive bottle which is long and skinny looks so much better and is great for literal all day shooting compared to other bullpups I've tried. The gun is very quiet with the shroud and man is it accurate with the CZ barrel. Mine came shooting the 18gr JSB in the 915fps range since UAs chrony test was the 16gr in the 955fps range. Both are very very accurate and can't wait to try the 16gr Hades. I have the gun setup with a Discovery 4-20X50 FFP HD scope with Burris XTR Signature rings with 25MOA inserts and a Sierra S7 bipod. It's a great looking and performing gun! Not to put down my previous R5M and Taipan Veterans but for me this bullpup has it all. Heres a pic of the gun and first 9 shot group at 55yds with the 18gr JSBs. Took 3 shots to get sighted in. Only had time for one mag lastnight but excited to get more through it.

1575668507_12187855035deacb1b9ab0f9.34466804_IMG_20191205_200744593.jpg
1575668508_16043349355deacb1c4309b3.94843109_IMG_20191205_200709500.jpg

I have finally found THE bullpup for me. The Airgun Technology Uragan .22! Ordered it from Utah Airguns as it was on sale at $1499 delivered. Shipped the next day and packaged very well. Comes in a cardboard box with a nice soft case inside. Owners manuals, 2 mags, fill probe with a whip and a 300 Din connector, sticker, key chain and a pen which has a micrometer built in. Never had a gun with so many extras included. The gun is excellent in fit and finish, love the feel of the synthetic stock and cheek piece instead of metal on your cheek. The side lever is very smooth and easy to cock and I really like it on the left side as a right handed shooter. Trigger is excellent and like the safety also. Having a massive bottle which is long and skinny looks so much better and is great for literal all day shooting compared to other bullpups I've tried. The gun is very quiet with the shroud and man is it accurate with the CZ barrel. Mine came shooting the 18gr JSB in the 915fps range since UAs chrony test was the 16gr in the 955fps range. Both are very very accurate and can't wait to try the 16gr Hades. I have the gun setup with a Discovery 4-20X50 FFP HD scope with Burris XTR Signature rings with 25MOA inserts and a Sierra S7 bipod. It's a great looking and performing gun! Not to put down my previous R5M and Taipan Veterans but for me this bullpup has it all. Heres a pic of the gun and first 9 shot group at 55yds with the 18gr JSBs. Took 3 shots to get sighted in. Only had time for one mag lastnight but excited to get more through it.

my 25 cal is on the way and ill be shooting the same scope
1575668507_12187855035deacb1b9ab0f9.34466804_IMG_20191205_200744593.jpg
1575668508_16043349355deacb1c4309b3.94843109_IMG_20191205_200709500.jpg

Wahoo!,sounds like a great bullpup,I also love where the side level is;a great informative report..

Thanks! It is a really nice bullpup for me. And yes the sidelever being in the forward position is really nice. What I always wanted my Taipans to be....

Are you saying the Uragan is quiet enough with shroud only, no mod necessary? I want quiet but hate losing compactness of Bullpup by adding 4-6” mod.

IMO yes. I too hate adding a moderator on a bullpup and was prepared to if need be but am very happy to say it is definitely quiet with the shroud alone. To me sounded like it was shooting slow until I shot my steel target. It's not a compact bullpup as it is at 32.75" long. But I like long bullpups I had the R5M Long .22 and Taipan Veteran Long .22 previously and preferred the length compared to shorter ones.

Sweet new gun Dillon!

Hows it feel weight wise? Does it feel well balanced?

Terry

Thanks Terry! Its got a heft to it with the 30oz+- of scope on top but I like the heft lol. The balance is very nice on the gun actually about the middle of the handguard works great. Also never thought about it but having that rounded compared to other bullpups with square forends feels nice in the hand.

Congrantz on the new Uragan! I love mine as well. Very accurate and tons of shots on a fill!

Thanks Jimmy! Yup I've had my eye on them back since you got yours! Why I waited so long is besides me!

cant wait for my 25 cal

You'll love it I'm sure! And nice choice of scope!

i have the uragan .22 compact. its accuracy at 50 yards is really amazing. 12 shots at 3/8" ctc. JSB 18.13. so much fun with this little gem.

Scott in Wisconsin

1575675709_704628145deae73d973eb3.21618736_20190809_154303.jpg

Yup if I needed a gun like the compact I'd definitely get one now. Nice looking gun!

Dillon, congratulations! That is a beautiful rifle! Is that the standard size in .22? It is shooting the 18gr at the perfect speed too right out of the box. Woo Hoo! Also, nice wahoo in the back ground! Did you catch it?

Thanks Randall! Yup it's the standard size. Small bullpups are too small for me lol. But yeah I was thinking to tune it there and really nice I don't have to touch it just shoot it. And thanks! Yes I caught it years ago as a kid. First and last fish ever "stuffed" so to speak. Picture works just as good and is free lol

What a waste! I have a .25 Uragan sitting within arms reach of me and can't open the package until Christmas. BUT … I do have it's older brother … the Vulcan2 Tactical that I can and do shoot. You simply can't beat the regulator on those Vulcans and I would be totally surprised if the Uragan doesn't have the same regulator in them. I've probably shot 10,000 rounds through the Tactic and it still shoots fantastic with a ES of 7 fps. The cocking lever is the main reason why I have never bought a Taipan … too much arthritis to get my hand back that far to cock it. I do have a Cricket and it is hard enough to use it so I don't ever think I will buy another one with a rear cocking lever.

You said that the Uragan came with a soft case inside. All the older Vulcans used to come in a hard shell case, but it was always too small to put the gun in there with a scope on it. I always wondered why they would do something like that … send a case that was too small to put a scoped rifle in it. 

Anyway the anticipation is about to kill me, but between all my other guns … I am staying busy.

Shalom

John

Are you saying the Uragan is quiet enough with shroud only, no mod necessary? I want quiet but hate losing compactness of Bullpup by adding 4-6” mod.

My Compact is plenty quiet without adding the additional provided silencer.

The basic shroud has nice baffle in it. You also get an additional silencer in a box (with the compact version anyway). With just the shroud silencer, it doesn't even wake my cats up shooting 3 feet away from them. I like mine as short as possible..!

Mike

All the noise talk has me curious , been a while since I shot the different Options back to back. 

On my full size .30 uragan I use the shogun and it sounds really quiet for the power it puts out.

My .177 compact without the provided mod I don’t think I’d call it Quit back yard quiet, at least to my ears. Has that air stapler sound we all think of. It’s not loud by all means but If you have neighbors close by they’re gonna wonder wtf your stapling next door 😜

With the mod that comes with it, it definitely takes the bark off but, idk though, still if you have super close neighbors they are still going to wonder if outside what’s that noise coming from Next door.

With the Donnyfl ,shogun , sumo and even the tatso it’s stupid quiet. I can’t even describe it, no bark, no stapler , hardly anything . It’s just a nice poof and the sound of the impact would be more alarming to your neighbors than the actual shot itself. My favorite is the tatso being the smallest and honesty shooting back to back I feel it’s almost just as quiet as the sumo and shogun, to me it’s not worth the length of the others over the tatso to use them. With the tatso it’s still approx 2” shorter than the stock mod that comes with the gun, and weighs next to nothing. Every one of my friends that shot that combo giggles when it’s nearly silent and they ring steal at 50 & 75 yrds.

This is all debatable of course and only my observation shooting them all back to back. I live in the country so don’t really worry about neighbors but like to have my guns as quiet as possible.

Edit - ok so after reading what I typed, remember this is all debatable and what one person calls back yrd quiet another says it’s loud lol. So me saying not back yrd quiet is being super picky and shooting the options I have and hearing them back to back so to some it’s prob back yrd friendly it just depends your definition I guess. 🤨. Want to be clear before Ppl say wtf you talking about haha. 

1575688400_9367634685deb18d0ea12a4.11682261_235A80A5-9175-45A5-B48E-F486E8D787E6.jpeg

My .22 with the shroud sounds I'd say similar to a .22 Mrod. Very happy with the noise or lack there of. I'm also liking the on the left. Can keep my finger on the trigger and cock with my left and can shoot much quicker. I might switch it over eventually to try it but for now it's staying where it's at 😁

1575729483_16984128575debb94b8ea969.14552238_IMG_20191207_062743262.jpg

Here's 4 6 shot groups at 55yds this morning shot real quick before heading for work. Very happy with these groups!