Afternoon in the woods.......multi-tasking

Yes, some times a man just has to multi-task and take care of more than one thing at a time. I did't sleep well last night. So, I was pretty darn tired most of the day today. But, we couldn't let that keep us from an afternoon in the woods squirrel hunting. I got to my spot around 12:30 - 1:00 this afternoon. I don't know what is up with this wind here lately. But, it was blowing fairly good most of the afternoon. So....I say to myself, I'm really tired and it's kinda windy. So, let's just lay back in the leaves, kick our boots up and watch the clouds roll on above. You know, I can cat nap and still hear squirrels make a ruckus. That was what I went with any way. Was a nice relaxing afternoon and still managed to kill two before I left. Only retrieved one though. The other was busy barking at me (cussing me out) and I popped him with the Marauder and darned if he didn't lay across the fork in the tree he was perched in and die. He wouldn't fall......I couldn't get him. He will just have to be dinner for something else. Me and this Marauder are becoming really well acquainted and good hunting partners. 

1575851155_12615971035ded9493096543.79594374_IMG_0850.JPG

1575851199_1166143495ded94bf962917.50446213_IMG_0854.JPG

Thanks for looking.

TR

sounds like a great day.

Yes, it was a pretty good afternoon.

Nice way to relax and bag squirrels, let them come to you as you nap, brilliant!

Ha! They didn't exactly come to me LOL! But I did get some shooting in and actually got some good rest in the process.

Some hawk will thank both you and the squirrel for your thoughtfulness.

Thats what I ended up saying to myself. That squirrel will make a good meal for an old hawk or something. I hate losing game after shooting it!

A picture paints a thousand words 🤓👍...great photo, nap and shooting!

Thanks....I always have been able to relax and nap in the woods. One of these days something is gonna get me while I'm sleeping....😧

Ya can't hardly see nuthin at distance with all that tall vegetation in the way!

Nice photo, TR.

Yeah... pictures never capture things the way they actually are lots of times. Those woods are open enough to make 60-75 yard shots easy if you felt inclined to do so. Kinda hard to do that because they never stay still long enough......gotta be quick with those little boogars!!