Aftermarket target quality bbl for the Benjamin ‘Craftsman’ series pcp rifles.

While looking for consistent target accuracy with the Cayden and Akela rifles I have learned a lot through testing. This applies to other brands also but for now this is my interest. These rifles shoot well out of the box but I have discovered that accuracy soon fades. I have also learned that a vigorous cleaning, lapping, and polishing will restore its performance but it will fade quickly as bench target shooting has proven at 50 and 75yds. These bbls do what they are supposed to do but these fine rifles deserve better. I would like to buy quality bbls for these rifles (choked or non choked)) that will allow them to reach their potential. I know, many other reasons could be at play here, but after much testing and modifications please trust me when I tell you that I have narrowed the problem down to the bore quality. The Crosman warranty is good and they are sending replacement bbls but I have no expectation that they will be much better than what I already have.

Question: Does anyone make quality aftermarket bbls. For these rifles, and if so where can I buy some?

Tom

I myself have an akela in 177 and as of tomorrow a kratos in 25. Swapping the calibers to make a 25 bullpup, which crosman should've offered in the first place, and the kratos will be a detuned 177. I would love to get a shortened 177 barrel for the kratos and bring that length down alot. 

I wonder if LW would make a barrel for these guns, or if MAC-1 or Mountain Air would make them from a LW blank? It would be pricey though, last barrel Roy quoted me for was in the $250 range.

I second the recommendation to get ahold of Troy hammer. I don't have a gun tuned by him but I did see someone at the range that had one. He had accuracy that 2as just as good as any other rifle on the range including fx and daystate rifles. The power he was making wasn't quite as powerful as the impact but it was significantly more power than the stock model. Sorry I can't give specifics I don't remember what numbers he was putting up. I have never heard of anyone that was disappointed with his work. Maybe you should wait until he starts making those barrels? Good luck to you. 

dont know the supply and availability these days, but any competant gunsmith could cut you a barrel if you give them a blank like a lothar ... quite frankly though theres nothing wrong with the berrels that come with the craftsmans .. you arnt 'wearing them out' with pellets if thats what your implying, vigorous scrubbing yeah, you can fk up any barrel doing that .. what id do is clean up the throat on the stock barrel myself to ensure theres nothing sharp there snagging and peeling pellets, id even work on the mags a bit smoothing them, and find someone local that can cut you a decent crown on it .. and quit over-cleaning pellet gun barrels, dry patching and cleaning the crown carefully is all they need usually ..

I never use solvents in my pellet guns. Dry patches or use a bore whip swab. Only when I get a new gun and it's really dirty, like qb78 dirty with all that orange shipping gunk, I'll spray them out with brake cleaner really good. Never ever will I run a brush down a pellet gun barrel. They use too soft of steel for them, and leading doesn't typically happen in air rifles due to it being pushed by cold air vs hot gun powder.