FX After watching this video I was very impressed by how quiet this two FX airguns were despite being .30 cal

At first for the only reason I was a little reluctant to buy one of this bigger cal .30 airguns was because the incredible noise (blast) they produce since I only shot them in my backyard. But after seeing this Joe Brancato video shooting this two FX MK2 and MK3 Impacts it looks like if you detuned to shot them with pellets instead of slugs at a more lower speeds below 900 fps, they become very backyard friendly if used with a good moderator like this DonnyFL shogun. But this is the catch the only FX airgun that I really like are the new model king with their incredible beautiful GRS stock. Just wondering if this new models will be as quiet as the Impacts from having their barrels completely shrouded. My favorite stock color is the green mountain laminated. I would like to know some opinions on this. Thanks.

IMG_6328.jpeg

IMG_6329.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TRIPP and Ranchibi
My 700mm .30 impact was very quiet sending a 66gn slug at 948fps due to the moderator I used. The sound of it firing was like a .22 with a longer air escape sound but the sound of that slug hitting an animal could be heard 200yds away. Tight 3d printed baffles with two center sections in the moderator made it less than half the sound of a larger DFL suppressor. Shooting paper can fool you on the sound because hitting an animal is way louder. Even a squirrel.
FX Double 2 - -.jpg
Impact Double FX Moderator.jpg

My 700mm .30 impact was very quiet sending a 66gn slug at 948fps due to the moderator I used. The sound of it firing was like a .22 with a longer air escape sound but the sound of that slug hitting an animal could be heard 200yds away. Tight 3d printed baffles with two center sections in the moderator made it less than half the sound of a larger DFL suppressor. Shooting paper can fool you on the sound because hitting an animal is way louder. Even a squirrel.
View attachment 415296View attachment 415297
Thanks for the info, did you buy the baffles or made them yourself? Thanks

Thanks for the info, did you buy the baffles or made them yourself? Thanks
Sorry, I should've said I print them. I started making my own moderators as well because the retail ones are way over priced and not very effective on high power airguns in my opinion.
I just made this one for my son's .30 challenger. It's 194mm long 40mm id using six 3d printed baffles. Shooting a 100gn slug at 980fps the hammer striking the valve is most of the sound you'd hear. The moderator costs me about $20 in materials and a couple hours of my time.
1702507669349.jpeg

Reactions: TRIPP and Ray_PR
My Dreamline Lite with the DonnyFl FX silencer is pretty quiet. If need be? I have a DonnyFl Emporer for .30 sitting here.
I had a ronin on the .30 impact above. I bought an emperor thinking it would be quieter because it was bigger but it was much louder and lowered my POI about a foot so I sold it. Then I had the 3d printed air stripper baffle idea for the empty can FX suppressor that came with my impact. Within 5 minutes of testing it I posted the ronin for sale here because the smaller can with printed baffles was about half the sound even with the impact putting out over 130 fpe. I added another center section and more baffles and it was quieter still. The only problem is dumping that much energy into even a squirrel sounds like you smacked a wet pillow with a boat paddle as hard as you can. The larger calibers just make more noise when they hit meat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray_PR
Depending on the tune you can get any gun quiet. If you are looking for plinking and just fun shooting, why not look at a 22? Much cheaper to shoot and don't have to worry about pass through as much. The 30cal even with a lower powered tune will still have quite a whalop on your backstop
I already have four airguns, three .22 and one .25 cal, this is why I was thinking to buy a bigger .30. But you’re correct I think this bigger cal should be to overkill since I only use them for target shooting. Today I received another compressor to have a spare, since the one I am currently using is almost two years old and used it almost daily to fill my four pcp airguns.

IMG_7767.jpeg

Reactions: heavy-impact
The King won’t be any louder than the Impact with the same barrel size, mod and power output. However, the Panthera/Dynamic/King 600mm have slug liner and may not do as well with pellets. Not much info on that. The 500mm Panthera and Dynamic have the pellet liner, so I assume that’s true also for the King.
Yes I was aware that in this particular airgun the 600mm barrel was designed specifically for slugs and the 500mm for pellets. That’s why I am interested in the 500mm since I only shot with pellets, but before I decide to buy one I would like to see a few more reviews about how accurate is it compared to others of the same price. Thanks

Reactions: weevil
View attachment 415296View attachment 415297
Lol. Omg. I keep telling my.friends how addictive that sound of a slug or pellet hitting a coyote or rqbbit or bird is. It is what drives me to exist lol. The sound is like a prize at the Carnival lol. It makes me so happy to sqeeze that trigger ans then hear that pop not unlike a small firecracker. I just love it !!!