• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

After six years I still Like my Huntsman Regal .22

I purchased my Huntsman Regal .22 over six years ago, the rifle looks great in the Walnut Minelli stock with checkering on the pistol grip and wrapping around the forend.
This Huntsman Regal loves 15.9 & 18 gr JSB exacts and shoots them both at 30 foot pounds. The Huntsman is not regulated, however the Harper slingshot system makes for a good 50+ shots. The gun is accurate as can be and I have taken quarry out past 80 yards. With all the new regulated PCP's being released the Regal holds it's own. 
I have several PCP's and most recently a FX Crown .25 but the Regal is still one of my facorite guns.I have never had a single issue with the Regal, holds air forever without any leaks, Only cleaned the barrel once after thousands of rounds. The Regal is compact and lightweight at just over 36" long just over and six pounds. 
The Regal is a keeper for sure, it will undoubtly get passed down someday to a family member.

117f9773bfb8d0d611aab23ac2dd5973.jpg
I have one and a airwolf too, great
rifles in my opinion daystate rifles have better quality and last longer then fx.. i always see people having problem with fx rifles 

"Eddy1840"I have one and a airwolf too, great
rifles in my opinion daystate rifles have better quality and last longer then fx.. i always see people having problem with fx rifles

Two different companies really. Daystate makes the exact same rifles for decades, and doesn't sell many when compared to FX. FX is continually pushing the boundaries of innovation. When they come out with a new rifle, everyone wants one-like the streamline, crown, and now the dreamline. Can't forget the Impact they still never have them in stock. They are more complex in most cases, and it's that tune-ability that probably puts them on top. You cannot make a crappy barrel accurate. Not a quality issue, just a quality control problem. If you doubt that all you have to do is see what rifles are winning the competitions. Out of the top 20 you might have 1-2 daystates with none in the top 5. Maybe 1-2 RAW in the top 5 or 10. All the rest are pretty much FX and even a few Streamlines-nearly all are stock rifles just tuned by good shooters who know what they're doing.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy any FX. I would like to own a Regal though they are beautiful rifles. I considered one, but went with FX for the butter smooth cocking lever, and the barrel, which I believe to be superior from a fouling standpoint. FX doesn't make anything as beautiful as a Regal-two different animals really, Maybe I'll get one in .22-ha!

"BEN342R"

Two different companies really. Daystate makes the exact same rifles for decades, and doesn't sell many when compared to FX. FX is continually pushing the boundaries of innovation. When they come out with a new rifle, everyone wants one-like the streamline, crown, and now the dreamline. Can't forget the Impact they still never have them in stock. They are more complex in most cases, and it's that tune-ability that probably puts them on top. You cannot make a crappy barrel accurate. Not a quality issue, just a quality control problem. If you doubt that all you have to do is see what rifles are winning the competitions. Out of the top 20 you might have 1-2 daystates with none in the top 5. Maybe 1-2 RAW in the top 5 or 10. All the rest are pretty much FX and even a few Streamlines-nearly all are stock rifles just tuned by good shooters who know what they're doing.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy any FX. I would like to own a Regal though they are beautiful rifles. I considered one, but went with FX for the butter smooth cocking lever, and the barrel, which I believe to be superior from a fouling standpoint. FX doesn't make anything as beautiful as a Regal-two different animals really, Maybe I'll get one in .22-ha!
The only competition that I know of where FX dominate is the Extreme Benchrest in AZ. What other events do they dominate? When it comes to the actual nationwide benchrest competitions sanctioned by United States Air Rifle Benchrest, FX rarely makes a showing, if at all, from the competition results that I've seen. I'm still learning about this sport so I could be wrong and I'm just reporting what I've found in my research the last couple of months. 

"BEN342R"

My point wasn't who is winning in the competition.. what I wanted to say was that daystate rifles need less maintenance and the quality control is better then fx.. I have like 4 years in this hubby and all what i can tell you is that if you do you research worldwide fx is not the # 1 in the competitions.. I'm not saying that they are bad, they are great guns and how you said the they are bringing new things every year . i own a fx impact, I love it..