Afraid of the power

I hear ya! Just to be clear, you can buy PCP guns in .22 and .177 (I've got 3). There's a lot more opportunity to use a smaller caliber, which generally leads to more shooting and pretty soon, none of this will seem intimidating at all. You've got some beastly guns in your collection, but something with a bit less power would be helpful to start, even if it is only for short range in the back yard. I'm sure you'll have a blast once you get going.
I didn't really look at the smaller bores for some reason. Something drew me to the big bores. But here in San Diego, it's not really an option to shoot in your yard. I actually only have a balcony lol. People here will the call cops even if you fart loud.

• Haha
Reactions: rcarlisle
Get that crap off there before you head to a range. It is an immediate red flag when someone pulls something like that out of a range bag, that they will be a danger to themselves and everyone around them. Best not to start with that stigma...
That was supposed to be a joke. I obviously wouldn't take it like that to a range. I would just have the scope on their. The other items on would be for more close range shooting, which is what was my idea at the time. I don't think it will be fun to use the long scope all the time for short distance shooting.

Here are the rest of my collection.

E276A65B-6CC2-4E5F-AFC2-48D4D0A0FAB1.jpeg

3ECB5AF7-DE59-4D5C-AAB1-6C981F0987B8.jpeg

911794EA-48C9-48EB-B84B-3391C8F31DFC.jpeg

Buzzman -
It looks like you have a fine collection, and with a little mentoring and experience, you will be off to a great start in your new hobby.

I am sure you have already seen this thread, but if not, it may give you a few leads to air gunners in your area.

I have powerful big bore air guns that I purchased and never used. Never even filled them up with air. I bought a carbon fiber tank, that I never even opened from the box as well as a Chinese compressor from Ebay. I also bought a nice aluminum dessicant that attaches to the compressor to prevent liquid from building up in the tank. I also bought high powerful scopes for all my guns. I was all set to go.

Then before I got the chance to start setting things up, I saw a video on Youtube where somebody really hurt themselves with one of these guns when working on them. A part went through their leg from one side and came out the other like a real bullet. WTF. They got lucky it was only their leg and not through a essential organ.

I then read horror stories of these high power compressors blowing up with shrapnel flying around, and the dessicant blowing up and causing similar dangers. Since then I have not touched my guns. They are in their cases and never been used. I'm going to post them for sale here when I am granted access (I'm a new user).

Has anybody had any scary moments with their pcp air guns? I'm terrified that a malfunction can happen since these are really powerful rifles/machines. For me it's not worth the potential risk when I have a young son who will eventually want to get into air guns as well.
I KNOW this individual and have for the better part of 10+ years. Had many a Beer while talking about the incident and seen first hand the .58 caliber hole threw his thigh. Entered on top, was surgically removed from the back.

Case in point being accident was a culmination of a few factors .... MODIFIED Co2 gun to PCP converted .... Use of a non certified or DOT approved HIGH PRESSURE internal air cylinders. And the user mistake of not Depressurizing before working on. Even tho work being done at the time was not HP service related.
It was the perfect storm of many things all finding there breaking point at the same time ... Yes HE was a very lucky man to have not died from this incident.

SAFETY with factory manufactured PCP's, The tanks and gear to fill them have proven VERY SAFE when used in accordance to established instructions & practices.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcarlisle
You'd be surprised. I have a motorcycle, just bought it
When I stopped skydiving I bought a street bike. Mustard yellow, not that an oncoming driver sees much color on a motorcycle, but in one month three cars came head on at me in a turning lane, and bikes headlight could not even be turned off except with a hammer or oncoming car. Sold it. Skydiving was much safer. Airguns are at least a hundred times safer than skydiving.

• Haha
Reactions: Motorhead
When I stopped skydiving I bought a street bike. Mustard yellow, not that an oncoming driver sees much color on a motorcycle, but in one month three cars came head on at me in a turning lane, and bikes headlight could not even be turned off except with a hammer or oncoming car. Sold it. Skydiving was much safer. Airguns are at least a hundred times safer than skydiving.
Don't ride any more .. but having logged likely 1/4 million miles on street bikes and unknown 1000's off road would kind of agree in these more recent times ... Motor Bikes on the street are crazy dangerous & unless you ride VERY defensively as if EVERYONE else on the road is out to kill you, they just might !!

Don't ride any more .. but having logged likely 1/4 million miles on street bikes and unknown 1000's off road would kind of agree in these more recent times ... Motor Bikes on the street are crazy dangerous & unless you ride VERY defensively as if EVERYONE else on the road is out to kill you, they just might
Yes just toss them all into the trash cause air gun is very scary. Just let me know where you dump it OK? I'll make sure no one takes it and play with it cause it is very scary.
Why don’t you come and show me how to use them impact?

Don't ride any more .. but having logged likely 1/4 million miles on street bikes and unknown 1000's off road would kind of agree in these more recent times ... Motor Bikes on the street are crazy dangerous & unless you ride VERY defensively as if EVERYONE else on the road is out to kill you, they just might !!
Ive always loved bikes and enjoy working on them and rebuilding. I can stare at them for hours

Buzzman -
It looks like you have a fine collection, and with a little mentoring and experience, you will be off to a great start in your new hobby.

I am sure you have already seen this thread, but if not, it may give you a few leads to air gunners in your area.

Thank you for feedback Maumau. Appreciate it!

Buzzman,

I remember reading a post here by a member who severed the end of one of his fingers at the knuckle. Pretty graphic stuff. He was troubleshooting a magnum springer and managed to pull the trigger while the barrel was in the down and cocked position. Barrel snapped up and cut the end of a finger clean off. I saw this right after I bought my first break barrel springer, and I'll admit that it spooked me.

In the end seeing that was a good thing, because it cemented in my mind what not to do when handling a springer, and it caused me to follow proper safety procedures to the letter every single time I'm handling or shooting one of my rifles. I now have six springers, and I safely and respectfully enjoy shooting them all.

My advice would be to learn from other's mistakes, follow safety procedures religiously and to the letter, and go out there and enjoy safely shooting those airguns.your
Well let's see, Broken Ankle, Broken Left Wrist, missing the end of my FU finger, right hand. In sequence MC, MC WORK. Work messes up your life, avoid it.

I d
I KNOW this individual and have for the better part of 10+ years. Had many a Beer while talking about the incident and seen first hand the .58 caliber hole threw his thigh. Entered on top, was surgically removed from the back.

Case in point being accident was a culmination of a few factors .... MODIFIED Co2 gun to PCP converted .... Use of a non certified or DOT approved HIGH PRESSURE internal air cylinders. And the user mistake of not Depressurizing before working on. Even tho work being done at the time was not HP service related.
It was the perfect storm of many things all finding there breaking point at the same time ... Yes HE was a very lucky man to have not died from this incident.

SAFETY with factory manufactured PCP's, The tanks and gear to fill them have proven VERY SAFE when used in accordance to established instructions & practices.
i haven’t spent time looking because I didn’t realize there was a healthy following.