Affordable reliable compressor that the air gun market would embrace

You do Change the oil and condensation filter? Right?

Not sure if you're joking or not Rudy, but the Altaros boosters don't have oil. And they use a silica dessicant dryer on the low pressure air right as it enters the Altaros. So the only thing to change is that silica when it color changes to "wet.". Most of the condensation is expelled from the system via the shop compressors bleed valve.

Imagine all that compressor money spent towards one Bauer or one Alkin 🤩
Portable compressors have come A LONG ways in the past couple years.. there's still some that are bad. But there are some that actually continually improve their products.

Think of the guns, ammo, scopes, etc... plus a compressor you could get instead of one compressor, need a tank, and run out off air in the field and have to go home to recharge.

Each their own, but the right portable is not a bad option today...

I have a GX cs4 compressor with around 75 fills . The thing is, I use it on my Huben. Charging to 5000 psi. Never a hitch. Time will tell. It sure is nice to load into the SUV and take off. Sometimes I throw a bottle in if I'm taking another gun.
For those who caught my " gin " typo, maybe I meant gin!😎

Last edited:
Reactions: 1900colt
I'm still routinely filling my two 65 Sq ft Luxfers to 4k twice a week on my YH.

I blew a burst disk two months ago but I think a tampon jammed into the QD on the inline filter causing a pressure spike.

About a half dozen weeks since then with no issues so I'll keep running the YH until it grenades then I'll look for a new compressor but I've no reason to believe the YH are junk by any means.

I've read all about the GX compressor failures, but so far, with six under my belt and not a single failure, it's hard for me to imagine. I'm the "compressor guy" for a few friends. I have 3 CS2's for my own use and sold 3 other GX compressors for friends. Not one that I sold is what I would call "well cared for" and no failures yet. I keep my three serviced with fresh lube every six months or so. If you don't fill large cylinders, then these are the best. I would never choose a shoebox over a GX. Unless you somehow scuff a cyl in the GX, they're easily rebuild able, and even a new cyl is only $58.
I read on FB a guy says he bought 4 GX 's and they all failed in the first 30 days, but there seems a dead fish smell to the story. The statistics are hard to believe. Supposedly he kept the 4th non working one past it's return window. Who does that on the fourth failure!
I use at least one of mine daily, and more than one normally. I only fill guns with the largest having 480cc cyl. and lots of fills from empty, so they get used a lot when rebuilding guns.

Imagine all that compressor money spent towards one Bauer or one Alkin 🤩
Don't rub it in.:cry: Having lost time, money, and a lot of sleep over it, I don't have to imagine the repercussions of not affording $3000 from the get-go. 😂

Wish I could have afforded to keep the rotary-powered Mazda pickup I owned in the seventies, too. 🥹