AF 457 first hog down

It was a tough hunting season but I finally got the first animal down My wife and I got drawn for the hagerman pig hunt refuge so I went and did some scouting today ran into a big batch of them and didn't have any luck shooting one and then finally ran across this one with some little ones

KIMG1842.JPG

KIMG1831.JPG

KIMG1839.JPG

KIMG1837.JPG

@Llama Got one!! Congratulations! I could tell you’d been itching to put something in the dirt. Tell us a little more about the shot? How far out were you? Which projectile did you use? From which position did you shoot? Did you use a shooting rest? Did it drop or run? I can’t tell where you hit it looking at your photos on my phone.

Way to go awesome bronco as well ! We don’t get to see vehicles like that up in Michigan… the salty roads eat them up
I had a 1980 Bronco w/a straight 6 (300 cu. in ) & 4 speed. It was a tank , got 20+ mpg w/ bias ply traction tires. The heater sucked , after having a straight cab truck w/ a high output heater I was spoiled ! After I married it was sold for a more " family oriented " vehicle .

@Llama Got one!! Congratulations! I could tell you’d been itching to put something in the dirt. Tell us a little more about the shot? How far out were you? Which projectile did you use? From which position did you shoot? Did you use a shooting rest? Did it drop or run? I can’t tell where you hit it looking at your photos on my phone.
It was a frontal shot hit it just on the right side clip the side of the head went down the back into the spine and out the bottom
65 yds
I leaned up against a tree for the rest
400grs NSA
DRT drop like a ton of bricks maybe rolled a couple of feet I was not able to recover the bullet that was very sad

It was a frontal shot hit it just on the right side clip the side of the head went down the back into the spine and out the bottom
65 yds
I leaned up against a tree for the rest
400grs NSA
DRT drop like a ton of bricks maybe rolled a couple of feet I was not able to recover the bullet that was very sad
@Llama Sounds like an excellent shot. Well done!

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Way to go awesome bronco as well ! We don’t get to see vehicles like that up in Michigan… the salty roads eat them up
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the Bronco. I’m in NE Ohio, the only way we would see that is with HISTORICal plates at a Walmart parking lot car show in the summer. 10 years in Ohio salt and it’s nearing end of life.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Use to hunt Hagerman for deer years ago. Simple process back then just
mail in card. If you killed a doe " had to be perfect shot" they would issue you a golden ticket and you did not need to draw for next year just register and hunt. Now since the state took over too much on line confusing crap, that I can't do. Had a ticket for last year but didn't bother going back probably never will again. If you ever draw for deer in big mineral or the Harris units contact me and I will give you some good spots. Congrats on drawing and harvesting two hogs they will love you for that.