• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning AF .457 carbine cf, possible to convert to arrow gun?

I think it should work fine just the way it is. The shorter barrel on the carbine is almost perfect. I have the same gun and love it. I want the arrows also but cant use them to hunt where I live so I will wait until I move south. There are videos of the old carbine without the carbon fiber bottle shooting arrows so I have to assume this one will work also. Let me know what happens please. 

Quick question….. What slugs are you shooting? Weight? HP? FPS? Accuracy?

I have only been shooting NSA 240 grain HP slugs so far and they are very accurate at about 850 fps. I haven’t had time to tune the rifle yet. I also bought some NSA 281 grain HP BT knurled slugs to try. 

Mine hasn’t been tuned nor have I ran them through chronograph. But stock gun is shooting dead nuts at 50 yards with mr. Hollowpoints 360 or 350 grain can’t remember exactly because the ink has worn off the bag. But I have also heard very good things about the green goblin slug that Tim Davis pours. You can find both on Facebook. Sorry I couldn’t be better help with the numbers as I’ve haven’t had enough time with the gun yet. And thanks for your input.

So after a little digging the the .457 carbine has a 24.75” barrel. And air Venturi sell arrows in.45 caliber that are good in barrels 22” or longer. So they will work. But my concern now is the rifled barrel. Is it worth the $100 for the arrows to experiment.
DE5B12C2-0409-4EF3-B821-EB00BF21D988.1649003233.png
image.1649003255.jpg