AF 45 Carbine vs regular length

Mine is putting out about 470 fp with the .457 CF version. Mr. Hollowpoint doesn't have a review of the carbine, if I am not mistaken. Very few do, and none really with shot string numbers. However, the Carbine is the same gun as the SS, just without a moderator.

I like the carbine because it is light and maneuverable for blinds and stalking through the thick stuff. It has a lot of power (get the CF with TX2 valve) and it's simple.

I don't like it because the ergonomics are straight up junk, just like any of the Texans. Most uncomfortable gun I have ever shot. It badly needs a stock, and you have to use high to exta-high scope rings unless you want to cock your head sideways across the tank, and the cheap hollow grip feels like something off of a kids toy. You also have to make sure you are keeping every screw and surface oiled if you are planning on actually using it out in the woods. I bought it in August and started hunting hogs with it. Just my own sweat getting on it in the heat started some of the screws and pins rusting before I got home.

But it packs a heck of a wollop.

I own both a 909 Light Hunter and 2 Texans. The Light Hunter is a slingshot compared to the Texan. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun gun. Great ergonomics (terrible trigger though), and it shoots arrows much better than I would have thought. However, with a 60 yard sight in I have more than 15" of drop at 100 yards. It truly is a 50-75 yard gun with the capability of going to 100 with practice. The Texans on the other hand have a lot more power and shoot a lot flatter. Depends what you want to use it for. The 909 is better for long walks, tight blinds, short range, and arrows. The Texan is better for accuracy and power.