• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Aeromagnum Devastator HP .357 128 gr

Good luck finding them anywhere. I tried for a while to get some .457s but they were always sold out. The guy that is the owner of Aeromagnum (I think his name was Al) seemed like a nice guy in emails and a couple phone calls but I never was able to get hold of them when they actually had any slugs. And they were only selling through AirgunDepot I think at the time. And there’s no point to me in zeroing for hunting with a slug I can’t easily replenish. It’s a wild goose chase. 
Your best bet is going to be with finding a slug from Nielsen Specialty Ammo or maybe MrHollowpoint. 

I know is not for everyone..but I knew that ones I go .257 n up .. casting my own is the only way...I refuse to pay $25+ for a few bullets when $25 buys you 11 pounds of lead..that should make a few hundred bullets...lots of cheap Lee molds in .35 cal ..at Ebay..$20+ casting pot $60 thermometer $20+ .. to start is not that expensive...is a tedious process but great when your bullets work as they should..

Hey Mercado, that sounds interesting...got any photos of the results? Any recommended mold? For 357 I am only able to find .358. Is there a way to coat the mold with some thin coating to get the 358 downto 357, or does that not matter. 

pnaairguner I got you. I was able to find 50 of the Benjamin Nosler ballistic tip but those are very hard to come by, too, it seems. 

Hey Mercado, that sounds interesting...got any photos of the results? Any recommended mold? For 357 I am only able to find .358. Is there a way to coat the mold with some thin coating to get the 358 downto 357, or does that not matter. 

pnaairguner I got you. I was able to find 50 of the Benjamin Nosler ballistic tip but those are very hard to come by, too, it seems.

When you buy a mold, you need to be aware that they "drop" the lead bullet smaller in diameter than the mold dimensions. This shrinkage is usually accounted for when ordering. That said, ideally you should slug your bore by driving a bullet through it so the slug can be measured accurately (giving you the correct bore diameter. This would give you a starting point for the size of mold that you need for the bore. A mold in the .358" diameter should drop a pure lead bullet of adequate size for your bore if it slugs out at .357".

There are a few really good airgun specific molds made for the .357 depending on what your gun likes. Search them out and see what you like. Then inquire if anyone here will sell you a small sample of them to test. Find what works well then buy that mold from the supplier (NOE Molds, Accurate Molds, Lee, etc...) and start casting your own lead slugs.

The only .357/,358 slugs I shoot in my Bulldog are the NSA ones. This ammo is swaged instead of cast so the fit and finish quality is remarkable. The two slugs in on the left are the NSA 142gr HPBT in .357 and the 110gr HPDB in .358 cal. He also carries a 125gr.

https://nielsenspecialtyammo.com/collections/357-cal

20210623_001006.1638172560.jpg

I had looked at NSA, but:

soldout.1638211393.JPG
//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E

Do you have any you want to sell? :)

I got a few boxes on H&N Grizzly's that I'll let go for $8 each plus shipping. I just got in 400 NSA 110gr in .358 and I'm down to my last 150 of the 142gr. so I'm holding pat on those right now! 😀

But they do have the 125gr in stock, as that was the weight you were looking for.

I love the 110gr, as they are my favorite raccoon round! Full passthrough with the Benjamin Bulldog.