Aeon Athlon Aztec Delta Hawke Leupold March MTC Optisan Sightron SWFA UTG Vortex

I reserved the 10 for the scopes that I was able to verify the warranty experience on. I've dealt with Leupold customer service and their warranty service has truly proven to be as they claim. I give the extra bump for that. I have no reason to expect that Vortex, Athlon, or SWFA customer service would be any different and considered giving them a 10 as well, but in the end decided to leave them a 9 based on my lack of personal experience dealing with them. Feel free to adjust up with your personal experience.

I lowered the Aeon Warranty to a 1 based on their total lack of customer service despite their supposedly limited warranty. I couldn't contact anyone by email or phone.

That's a great post! Thanks!

I am new to airguns. I recently acquired my first airgun (AA Ultimate sporter.177 12FPE) and first scope (Hawke 4-16 FFP). Then immediately jumped to the process of finding the right pellet for my gun. I started shooting five shot groups in the indoor range at a distance from 30-50 yards. After few sessions, I began to get consistent groups which could totally be covered (edge to edge) with 18mm coin at 50 yards, sometimes even smaller. The scope was alright, but it was heavy, and I was shooting at highest mag all the time. At the highest mag, the picture was not possible to focus perfectly no matter how much I play with the sidewheel and the picture was kind of milky/washout as well. I convinced myself I needed a better scope and decided to but Delta 4.5-14FFP even though I was actually looking for a higher mag scope. The fact that it was the only scope in that price range combining, a good glass, lightweight FFP scope. I had one session with the scope shooting groups at 50 yards. Again, at the highest mag, the picture was terrific compared to Hawke, it was totally clear and no sign of milkiness or anything else. However, at the highest mag, the middle cross covered all of my aiming point at 50 yards (which was about 6mm diameter). As a result, some of the groups got bigger. Only 6-7 of my groups out of ten was able to be covered by 18mm coin whereas before it was 7-9 with Hawke. I hope my performance gets better with more use of the scope... If not I might consider a March treatment to my airgun. I was seriously considering delta stryker FFP instead since it cost less than half of similar March and I would not mind 25 yards (actually meter) parallax, but the weight is an issue. Perhaps it does not make a difference with the shooting I am doing now (target shooting from a half decent bench rest), but I want to have one scope to do it all and able to use it on other guns as well. 

@Murat_cyp

Sounds to me that a second focal plane March 2.5-25x42 is the way to go for you. The scopes are amazingly flexible and really can be used for any type of shooting. I like mine so much that I'm considering getting a second focal plane version myself. I don't take advantage of the FFP benefits because I use a range finder and then use clicks to zero the scope for each shot. Like you said, FFP reticles usually are a bit too thick for precision target shooting.

Click this link to see the scope I'm thinking of purchasing:

March 2.5-25x42 MTR-4 SPF

longrangesupply.com is the cheapest place I've found to buy March scopes.

Great post! Just an FYI, I had the same experience with dust inside my Optisan Viper and had to return it. Unfortunate, because other than the dust specs it was a very nice scope. On a positive note, the dealer I purchased it from (Jeff Reinert @Trenier Outdoors) was fantastic and handled the exchange without question. I paid the difference and went with a Sightron SIII.

@SPURSFAMILY

Yes, I already noticed that March. It is true that SFP has many advantages over FFP, but I think if I want a scope to do it all (as if such thing is possible :) ) It is better to have FFP. One day, I am hoping to use the scope for hunting where shot time could be very short, and I do not have time to check on which mag I am at or dial a turret. Or simply I may not be able to see on which may or target setting I am at (e.g. night hunting). Otherwise, SFP scopes are great, always usable reticle, lighter and cheaper, ability to adjust mag to change POI etc...

Great post! Just an FYI, I had the same experience with dust inside my Optisan Viper and had to return it. Unfortunate, because other than the dust specs it was a very nice scope. On a positive note, the dealer I purchased it from (Jeff Reinert @Trenier Outdoors) was fantastic and handled the exchange without question. I paid the difference and went with a Sightron SIII.

Jeff is a great guy, and you will enjoy your Sightron. Super scope!